Welcome to The GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse

Community Status Updates

Photo

youngcharlie101

Spend my days locked in a haze, trying to forget you, babe. I fall back down... </3
Today, 12:30 PM
Photo

LittleDarlings

Part of me really wishes I would have done the Law School/SW program.
Today, 12:20 PM
  • AKCarlton's Photo
    AKCarlton
    stop wishing, you made a decision, see this one through before you move to the next.
    Today, 12:21 PM
Photo
Photo

fuzzylogician

Please don't PM me your SOP.
Today, 05:28 AM
Photo

Threeboysmom

Made an A on my first midterm. I have another midterm next week.
Today, 03:59 AM
  • iphi's Photo
    iphi
    Congrats! I get my first one back tomorrow and am pretty sure it's not an A. :(
    Today, 04:36 AM
Photo

VulpesZerda

Glad I got a 5.0 on my AWA but it's kind of a waste since I can't send a terrible Q score!
Today, 02:57 AM
  • ahlatsiawa's Photo
    ahlatsiawa
    Can I ask how much the Q score was?
    Today, 03:16 AM
  • VulpesZerda's Photo
    VulpesZerda
    149 (37th percentile). Almost certain my retake will be better though!
    Today, 03:31 AM
  • youngcharlie101's Photo
    youngcharlie101
    Woo! You got this. Let's kill that GRE! :)
    Today, 12:31 PM
Photo

Threeboysmom

The reading and writing continues....
Yesterday, 04:37 AM
Photo

St Andrews Lynx

Loose-leaf tea & scientific writing. Slowly getting through...
Oct 19 2014 09:39 PM
Photo

youngcharlie101

I have Taylor Swift's "Shake it Off" stuck in my head. Can there be anything worse??
Oct 19 2014 06:38 PM
Photo

Quantum Buckyball

gained 25 lbs after my first year of grad school, holy crap...#outofcontrol #stresseating
Oct 19 2014 01:18 PM
  • spectastic's Photo
    spectastic
    actually that sounds quite lovely. but JAEZUS
    Yesterday, 12:39 AM
  • gk210's Photo
    gk210
    naw #treatyoself
    Yesterday, 12:42 AM
  • Threeboysmom's Photo
    Threeboysmom
    Oh boy can I relate to this. I began graduate school heavier than I would like and I was on a weight loss program, now that school has started my weight loss regime has gone down the drain. I can't make my Weight Watchers meetings and my eating is out of control. Hoping to get back on a system and not gain back all that I lost prior to starting school.

Yesterday, 01:56 AM
Photo

biotechie

Is it odd that I still read threads, but then don't post? I generally read something and have a comment, and then I either get distracted, or I decide my point is too minor of a contribution. That and I often peruse while waiting on time points.
Oct 19 2014 04:13 AM
  • Munashi's Photo
    Munashi
    I am in a similar boat. I tend to prefer reading to posting.
    Oct 19 2014 05:47 PM
  • ss2player's Photo
    ss2player
    I do this all the time. Lurkers unite! ...in secret
    Oct 19 2014 10:50 PM
  • gk210's Photo
    gk210
    same. i think all i do is upvote or downvote. i like staying caffeinated, i don't want to be an espresso shot. i don't like that member titles can change.
    Oct 19 2014 11:16 PM
Photo

AKCarlton

forgot to say: I already have a thesis! adviser offered it up, and I snagged it!
Oct 18 2014 11:37 PM
  • starofdawn's Photo
    starofdawn
    Nice! I may do the same for my thesis. We expect funding to come in for a project and I wouldn't mind using that project for my thesis :)
    Oct 19 2014 01:01 AM
  • AKCarlton's Photo
    AKCarlton
    Buttons! and items of personal adornment. I still come up with my analysis, but a majority of the collection was done because it was supposed to be part of another dissertation, but she never got around to including it. And I'll be working on the report and may get my name as an author for that. Double-win!
    Oct 19 2014 01:05 PM
  • AKCarlton's Photo
    AKCarlton
    startofdawn, I would highly recommend it! I mean, why not? You know? :)
    Oct 19 2014 01:05 PM
Photo

VulpesZerda

Attended a great conference today! Presented research, received an award, and met some really cool people :-)
Oct 18 2014 11:10 PM
Photo
  • fuzzylogician's Photo
    fuzzylogician
    This has always been reviewer #1 for me. I just spent $2000 running an experiment that I knew would yield a non-result because the reviewer insisted *twice* and refused to accept our explanation. So, time+money wasted, but hopefully we can finally get this thing published. YAY science.
    Oct 19 2014 04:37 AM
  • fuzzylogician's Photo
    fuzzylogician
    And for the paper I'm reviewing, I am trying to be as friendly and helpful as I can. I want this work to be published, I just want it to be convincing first.
    Oct 19 2014 04:38 AM
  • spectastic's Photo
    spectastic
    sounds like a royal pain in the ass
    Oct 19 2014 12:24 PM
Photo

Monochrome Spring

My apartment complex gives out pizza, burgers, hotdogs, etc. almost two times each month. Well fed graduate student.
Oct 18 2014 06:39 PM
  • ahlatsiawa's Photo
    ahlatsiawa
    Wow I wish mine did that.
    Oct 18 2014 07:18 PM