Welcome to The GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse

Community Status Updates

Photo

LittleDarlings

Officially have a field placement :))
Today, 03:43 AM
Photo

Threeboysmom

A few days with my books and it's obvious the way I studied for undergrad is not going to work.
Yesterday, 08:40 PM
Photo

arthritiskid

Um, talk about crazy... I move to Chicago in less than a month. oh goodness!
Yesterday, 05:42 PM
  • ahlatsiawa's Photo
    ahlatsiawa
    Haha I just said it in good humor. I know it's equally exciting/challenging for everyone starting grad school, no matter where they are coming from. Thanks and good luck to you too.
    Yesterday, 06:49 PM
  • arthritiskid's Photo
    arthritiskid
    Oh I'm sorry that I read that the wrong way, reading humor through text is always difficult for me! I do wish you the best of luck as you move! Hopefully everything is coming together for you as you prepare! :)
    Yesterday, 07:57 PM
  • ahlatsiawa's Photo
    ahlatsiawa
    It really is. I'm much more excited than nervous to be making such a big move.
    Yesterday, 09:33 PM
Photo

Quantum Buckyball

"You have a month to submit a paper" ohhhhhhhhh heeeellllllll nahhhhhh
Yesterday, 10:55 AM
  • Threeboysmom's Photo
    Threeboysmom
    Lol, what have we gotten ourselves into.
    Yesterday, 08:43 PM
  • RBWilliams's Photo
    RBWilliams
    Me three.....lol...got get on it...still recovering from paying almost a $1000 for books...about 8 with three more to come...sighs.
    Yesterday, 10:48 PM
  • NavyMom's Photo
    NavyMom
    Yikes! I have only two classes, and a total of 16 books. :/ I agree with 3BoysMom. What DID we get ourselves into?
    Today, 02:25 AM
Photo

Fionzone

Getting into a Art History Masters program without a background in art?
Yesterday, 02:37 AM
Photo

Quantum Buckyball

Rant of the Day: If you have gone on multiple different dates and have had multiple different BFs or GFs and STILL end up single? something must be really wrong with you, just saying lol.
Jul 22 2014 12:03 PM
  • spectastic's Photo
    spectastic
    no, you really shouldn't try too hard.
    Yesterday, 03:37 AM
  • gk210's Photo
    gk210
    @spec: DON'T GET HER STARTED.
    Yesterday, 04:45 AM
  • Gvh's Photo
    Gvh
    ^^ Seriously.
    Yesterday, 01:29 PM
Photo

spectastic

Can smart phones (galaxy4) play fm radio with a receiver?
Jul 22 2014 06:19 AM
  • Nautiloid's Photo
    Nautiloid
    Some have built in FM receivers, but the Galaxy4 does not. You could probably buy a universal receiver and use it with your phone though.
    Jul 22 2014 05:28 PM
  • spectastic's Photo
    spectastic
    I don't think they make those for the galaxy. I've seem them for the iphone, and they suck.
    Jul 22 2014 05:56 PM
  • GeoDUDE!'s Photo
    GeoDUDE!
    spec, the korean version of the samsung phones have both radio and tv tuners/recievers
    Jul 22 2014 06:40 PM
Photo

Threeboysmom

Recieved my offiical admittance letter today. Now I have got to find a way to get through reading this material. I think I can,,,I think I can...
Jul 22 2014 05:32 AM
  • NavyMom's Photo
    NavyMom
    Ha! I am still struggiling to get myself off the couch and away from the TV to focus on my reading. I just need a kick in the arse to jump start me. It still doesn't feel quite real yet. Even though I got my parking permit a few days ago.
    Yesterday, 08:01 PM
  • Threeboysmom's Photo
    Threeboysmom
    All want to do is watch tv but when I finally have a few moments I fall asleep.
    Yesterday, 08:37 PM
Photo

DeafAudi

Why is going to the dentist the worst ever? I HATE the feeling of the scraping and polishing. Thank goodness I haven't had a cavity in years.
Jul 21 2014 04:03 PM
  • spectastic's Photo
    spectastic
    they use hammer and chisels to fix your teeth in alberta??
    Yesterday, 02:53 AM
  • DeafAudi's Photo
    DeafAudi
    I think you're referring to ahlatsiawa's comment. He said that rural dentists in his home country do use those tools...I responded that I was happy I lived in Canada.
    Yesterday, 04:14 PM
  • DeafAudi's Photo
    DeafAudi
    Also, lunarem, you're nuts! lol.
    Yesterday, 04:15 PM
Photo
Photo

NavyMom

Forcing myself to sit down on a Sunday to read... so hard to do. I have 37 days til my first assignment is due... and I have another 4 books to read, besides the one I am working on.
Jul 20 2014 08:34 PM
  • jenste's Photo
    jenste
    You're doing a great job. If you have the interest and the means, a speed reading course might come in handy. I wish I had taken one before going back to school.
    Jul 20 2014 09:40 PM
  • RBWilliams's Photo
    RBWilliams
    I gotta start tomorrow on mine...printed my articles off, but need to buy my book.....sighs

Jul 20 2014 10:44 PM
  • Threeboysmom's Photo
    Threeboysmom
    We can do it!
    Jul 22 2014 01:35 PM
Photo

ahlatsiawa

I was looking at pictures of my apartment and just spent the last 10 minutes trying to figure out what that weird, long, rectangular contraption on one of the bedroom walls was. Turns out it's a heater. I hope I won't have many of these noob moments in the US. I would be so embarrassed.
Jul 20 2014 05:15 PM
Photo

Threeboysmom

created a basic reading schedule now all I have to do is get to it.
Jul 19 2014 07:34 PM
  • NavyMom's Photo
    NavyMom
    Good luck. I am still trying to force myself not to play video games or anything else...
    Jul 20 2014 08:31 PM
  • Threeboysmom's Photo
    Threeboysmom
    I understand. I started reading and taking notes yesterday. I have lots of reading to do. All I want to do is sleep and watch tv.
    Jul 20 2014 09:27 PM
Photo

Threeboysmom

Purchased my books today!
Jul 18 2014 09:29 PM
  • RBWilliams's Photo
    RBWilliams
    Yay! Gonna get mine Monday...got pre-class homework to start.
    Jul 19 2014 06:06 PM
  • Threeboysmom's Photo
    Threeboysmom
    Woo hoo!
    Jul 19 2014 06:32 PM
Photo

gwualum4mpp

Feeling burnt out and classes haven't even started...
Jul 18 2014 08:45 PM