Welcome to The GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
Guest Message © 2015 DevFuse

Community Status Updates

Photo

FantasticalDevPsych

Glad I heard of my interview invite before receiving my first rejection...
Today, 06:33 AM
Photo

t1racyjacks

had 4.25 pints of beer yesterday. Feel like I should have more today *eyeroll*
Today, 03:49 AM
Photo

Threeboysmom

Working on my first paper for the semester... I've got a good feeling about it :)
Today, 02:22 AM
Photo

iphi

Saw about 7 posts on the same topic today ("OMG school wants a decision in x amount of days, what do I do?!??!") doesn't anyone use the search function? </crabby>
Today, 01:43 AM
  • atlremix's Photo
    atlremix
    I thought it would be interesting for others to know that this cycle a lot of schools are ignoring the CGS resolution and not "playing nice," which is creating some stressful situations for us. For me, grad cafe is as good a place as any to vent :)
    Today, 02:38 AM
  • GeoDUDE!'s Photo
    GeoDUDE!
    if they are ignoring CGS, they probably arent a good program.
    Today, 05:35 AM
Photo

NavyMom

First night last night was a lot of fun. My cohort and I all hugged each other when we were reunited again. So nice to have a close group. Looking forward to class #2 tonight and see what it brings :)
Yesterday, 11:43 PM
  • Threeboysmom's Photo
    Threeboysmom
    Great, i wish my program was set up that way.
    Today, 01:20 AM
Photo

FantasticalDevPsych

Application season is an emotional roller coaster that you are riding in the dark so you have no idea when you are going up or down...
Yesterday, 11:36 PM
  • FantasticalDevPsych's Photo
    FantasticalDevPsych
    Thanks! :) Thought it was the best way to describe my feelings ATM.
    Yesterday, 11:41 PM
  • shana.teacher's Photo
    shana.teacher
    Funny, it feels all downhill to me... :)
    Today, 01:25 AM
  • FantasticalDevPsych's Photo
    FantasticalDevPsych
    Written during downhill...
    I went from my probably only interview invite to at least two presumed rejections (on the same day) within about three days, which inspired this.
    Today, 01:58 AM
Photo

jujubea

UCSB ACCEPTED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where is the TEARS OF JOY emoticon?!?!
Yesterday, 10:16 PM
Photo

empress-marmot

Today, my lonely inbox was horrified by one rejection (awww) and one acceptance (yay!) with a really low stipend (...). Such is life?
Yesterday, 09:33 PM
  • visgiven's Photo
    visgiven
    Congratulations on your acceptance! How low is your stipend? Is it still feasible to live with it though? Anyways, congrats!
    Yesterday, 09:48 PM
  • gk210's Photo
    gk210
    hey hey hey now at least an acceptance is nice!
    Yesterday, 10:56 PM
Photo

jujubea

FREAking out - missed call from POI. Unhelpful vm...
Yesterday, 09:32 PM
Photo

luxiel

Ugh, the anxiety of waiting for these freakin programs is making my head spin! And why, OH WHY, did I only apply to 4 programs, 3 of which were Ph.D?
Yesterday, 12:34 PM
  • Threeboysmom's Photo
    Threeboysmom
    I do understand. The entire process is torturous. Wishing you the best.
    Yesterday, 04:47 PM
  • Catria's Photo
    Catria
    Which one is the larger crushing blow, to be shut out with 4 applications or to be shut out with 12?
    Yesterday, 06:43 PM
  • theory411's Photo
    theory411
    I know the feeling.

Today, 12:12 AM
Photo

HistoryGypsy

Waiting, waiting, waiting . . . Oh, just one program, please want me!
Yesterday, 09:52 AM
Photo

roguesenna

"just totally geeked out all over a POI at a school I can probably never go to. BUT HE'S BASICALLY ME. #nerdlife" -- posted this a year ago. just interviewed with this prof last week. life is weird.
Yesterday, 06:24 AM
Photo

FantasticalDevPsych

Two persumed rejections, two prestigious UG award nominations at my school, and the possibility of two potential maunscripts from the meeting with my PI today... One interview in one week, it still only takes one yes!
Yesterday, 02:56 AM
Photo

kurayamino

This is where the impatience of my childhood is really put into perspective.
Yesterday, 12:09 AM
Photo

AKCarlton

and campus is closed tomorrow as well...I say we just do this whole semester online!
Jan 27 2015 11:18 PM
  • gk210's Photo
    gk210
    oh wait just kidding. i just received an alert; campus is closed for us again as well tomorrow
    Yesterday, 01:36 AM
  • Gvh's Photo
    Gvh
    Ha! Yesterday my lab director wanted me to come in today...so I did only to get a text an hour later saying it was "probably best to stay home today". -_-
    Yesterday, 02:15 AM
  • AKCarlton's Photo
    AKCarlton
    Haha, I'm actually mad cause I just looked out the window and the T is running, my fiance is going to work...the streets/sidewalks looked plowed so I could have class today if they really wanted to and I WANT TO...ugh...
    Yesterday, 02:24 PM