Welcome to The GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
Guest Message © 2015 DevFuse

Community Status Updates

Photo

FantasticalDevPsych

Just changed my signature to "already attending". I never thought I'd be doing so this year. Never give up.
Today, 03:22 AM
  • Jay's Brain's Photo
    Jay's Brain
    Same! Good luck with your grad studies!
    Today, 05:14 AM
Photo

St Andrews Lynx

Cherry ice cream straight from the tub. Summer is awesome.
Yesterday, 11:41 PM
Photo

Threeboysmom

submitted my final paper for the summer. let's party!!!! freedom I can start binge watching netflix
Jul 03 2015 09:22 PM
Photo

ahlatsiawa

Shaved my head today. It's so freeing!
Jul 03 2015 09:20 PM
Photo

Taeyers

Having one of those fun days where finding and ordering the resources I need for my project is starting to seem harder than the actual sciencing that I need them for...
Jul 02 2015 08:17 PM
Photo

sparrosd

Hotdogs and Hamburgers
Jul 02 2015 05:20 PM
Photo

dat_nerd

I got my first, first-author conference paper accepted! Woot!
Jul 02 2015 02:31 PM
Photo

ERR_Alpha

After a long medical road starting in September, I've finally been diagnosed with GERD. Follow up with them next week and a sleep study in August. Grad school hit my body like a truck O.o
Jul 02 2015 12:01 AM
  • windrainfireandbooks's Photo
    windrainfireandbooks
    It took over a year for my doctor to diagnose that I had GERD too. Very scary place to be in not knowing. Glad that you finally have an answer.
    Jul 02 2015 05:49 AM
  • Munashi's Photo
    Munashi
    Getting a diagnosis is really difficult, I'm glad you have an answer now. Good luck with treatment! Now you can focus on that instead of wondering if you're insane, dying, etc...
    Jul 03 2015 01:13 PM
  • ERR_Alpha's Photo
    ERR_Alpha
    Thanks everyone!! :)
    Jul 04 2015 01:42 AM
Photo

FinallyAccepted

Moving to CO in 3 weeks, and my husband was finally offered a job yesterday. I'm so glad since I was responsible for his anxiety from having to find a new one since we're moving for my PhD program.
Jul 01 2015 11:11 PM
  • atlremix's Photo
    atlremix
    Congrats! I am in a similar situation. My poor husband is traveling for interviews in our new home state on a weekly basis it seems!
    Jul 02 2015 04:07 AM
  • FinallyAccepted's Photo
    FinallyAccepted
    Good luck to him.
    Jul 02 2015 04:29 PM
Photo

attackonthedoctor

30 days until I'm supposed to move out and I still haven't found a place to live! >.< Going to school out of state is frustrating!
Jul 01 2015 09:07 PM
  • St Andrews Lynx's Photo
    St Andrews Lynx
    Some apartment complexes I've seen only require 30 days notice that you're ending your rental contract, meaning that the apartments only go on the market 30 days before the move- in date. Keep looking.
    Jul 02 2015 12:09 AM
  • attackonthedoctor's Photo
    attackonthedoctor
    I am, and I'm starting to see places come up. Just frustrations because I've never lived outside of my state for an extended period of time. Thanks for the encouragement! :)
    Jul 02 2015 03:54 PM
Photo
Photo

NavyMom

It's is weird that I have been on break for a month, and I am already anxious to start year 2? I still have another 2 months... I think I am going to read ahead.
Jun 30 2015 07:07 PM
  • ahlatsiawa's Photo
    ahlatsiawa
    It is always a good idea to read ahead.
    Jun 30 2015 07:13 PM
  • NavyMom's Photo
    NavyMom
    I think so too. I don't know what I am going to do with myself when school is officially done.
    Jun 30 2015 07:16 PM
  • Threeboysmom's Photo
    Threeboysmom
    For me attending part time the finish line seems so far away.
    Jul 01 2015 05:00 PM
Photo

ssynny

Still waiting on final word from grad school!
Jun 30 2015 06:46 PM
  • shinigamiasuka's Photo
    shinigamiasuka
    They're taking so long? :o
    Jul 01 2015 03:21 AM
  • ssynny's Photo
    ssynny
    yeah! I was recommended for admission a while ago, so if they expect me to start in the fall, I hope they get back to me soon!
    Jul 01 2015 02:46 PM
Photo

Catria

I changed my blog's name: it's now called Minnesota for a Reason
Jun 30 2015 02:35 PM
Photo

melissaam

I made a blog! Check it out and leave me feedback? http://ascientificmethod.wix.com/a-scientific-method
Jun 29 2015 09:53 PM
  • Jay's Brain's Photo
    Jay's Brain
    Great stuff! I've been meaning to do something like this and you've given me the motivation to do it! Everyone has a story to share :)
    Jun 30 2015 12:21 AM
  • Catria's Photo
    Catria
    My own blog is full of ramblings over more or less random topics now that the season is over...
    Jun 30 2015 01:44 AM