Welcome to the GradCafe
Hello! Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts. However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts. This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:
- Participate in discussions
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
- Search forums
- Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'sfai'.
Found 3 results
cariethehero posted a topic in VisualHi. I applied CCA, SFAI only two schools and I got accepted in CCA and SFAI both in MFA Film. Please read my stupid history and help me out guys I have bachelor's degree in Fine Art Painting outside of US, however, my portfolios are kind of filled with videos. I wanted to go for MFA in film so that I can have the opportunity to deeply engage in video/film field and stuff, but anyways I think I want to make videos in the context of art, not like getting into a film industry as a part... I should have done research about more schools carefully cause I kind of wasted last fall - winter time to prepare for admissions for Fall 2017 because I was confused if I wanted to go for this or not....like I was lack of self confidence. I was ready for applying Hunter Integrated Media Arts(IMA), CalArts Experimental Animation and UCLA Film but I just didn't submit applications last winter... So when I decided to go for MFA it was already March and I had no choice but those schools to apply for this Fall cause their deadlines were like end of March. Now that I got into both schools and CCA's offering me 20% tuition scholarship, I'm considering going for CCA maybe but I'm still confused...Now I'm thinking of going CCA only for a year and then apply for Hunter IMA next year...or just not going for MFA this year and looking for some residencies - if possible - until I apply for Hunter and other schools next year. I mean I researched some vimeos and everything about CCA and SFAI and I have this feeling that both are not the exact schools that matches my work...or the works I want to do... What do you guys think, what's the best to do? I really thought too much of all the options that I cannot think rationally anymore!!!! And do I have to pay back the scholarship if I don't register the second year? Seriously I'm kind of lack of basic infos about US schools... Please help me outtttt!!! I'm freaking out. Thanks a lot.
I rescheduled my mfa interview with SFAI. It is in a little over a week. Researching what to expect, I found a thread that said this (rescheduling or canceling) is a "horrible idea unless you want a rejection letter"..!? Can anyone comment on this? Anyone reschedule and get accepted?
Hey, everyone. Thanks for clicking into this thread. I have just got accepted by San Francisco Art Institute Photography MFA this year. It is a good news to hear but I am still not 100% free from the anxiety. I know this school has a rather long history and many famous alumni and alumnus, especially in photography field, like Annie Leibovitz. But it not accurate to measure the quality of school only by some individuals achievements. So I really want to get some first hand information about how do you think about the education they offer (like faculty, campus and facilities) there and experience about living in SF (I heard its a really expensive city to dwell) and how do you career go after the graduation as a photographer (or artist) Since I am an international student so it will be great if there are other international students who attended SFAI can answer my questions. I am really grateful to everyone who read my post and please give me all the information you have about this school. I really appreciate your generous help.