Next Week

farty14

Genius lives, but not all geniuses are the best applicants, and not all professors can recognize it. So, while they may not be superstar applicants, it's possible that one of the geniuses is a regular on this board or reads these posts. But you're right, while we're stressing, there are a few people out there who have Harvard and Princeton fighting over them.

Anyways, the vast majority of us aren't competing with the Rhodes Scholar or John Nash for a spot in a program, we're competing with Mr. and Ms. Cum Laude for those precious last spots at those schools (if we're even applying to those schools).

That's unfortunate brit - I'm sure you'll get some good ones though, just have to wait a little longer!

I am just getting so impatient haha I have professors coming to me all excited like, did you hear anything yet? haha Unfortunately I have to say no. haha I can't believe how anxious I am just to hear something.

I'm going stir crazy!!!! My top choice historically from the archives on this site doesn't send out acceptances or rejections until the first few days in March. Seriously, I don't know what to do with myself at this point. There are only so many things to do in this neck of the woods.

Minnesotan: If it makes you feel better, I got a rejection from Johns Hopkins today. That, coupled with Yale's offer of a MA instead of a PhD, makes me feel like maybe Yale is right and I am not quite right ready for a top program.

I know it's silly but I even find myself questioning if maybe the program I have been admitted to made a mistake, and I'll end up dropping out because I cut it. I'm sure that there are good things in the mail for all of us (especially you, Minnesotan), but every rejection tears out your heart a bit.

Hello,

Is there any reliable indication as to when one can expect a response from a graduate program? I have read in several places on this forum the prediction that acceptances and rejections should start "rolling out" this week, or last week, or in the upcoming week.

In light of such comments, I find it odd (and vaguely troubling) that I haven't heard from any of the several programs to which I applied. Also, what should I make of the fact that most of the programs to which I applied claim that they will respond to applicants by March 15th? Is it some sort of trade secret that acceptances and rejection letters actually head out much earlier?

durandel, it varies widely and by program. Some send out acceptances via email and rejections via post. Some use the website only. Sometimes excited professors ring their star candidates when news is available. It's a mixed bag of cats, as they say.

The one thing you do know is that most of the programs whose schools are part of the notification agreement will inform their non-waitlisted acceptances before March 16. This gives people a month to accept or decline offers.

Next week ?

It's like infinity. It is very long, especially towards the end (original quote from Woody Allen).

I got no answers yet. I only know that the department from three universities where I applied sent theyre rejection letters/emails and I got none.

Only oooone week. :)

Good luck to all.