Purdue University

jordy

I actually got the fellowship. I'm wondering if I'm boasting by talking about it :/

Also, I will be studying environmental degradation of nanomaterial (nanotubes). I will try to do a little more with it but that's where I'm at right now. I have an engineering and environmental studies undergrad so I don't really claim JUST ONE area, but if so it would be geo, because I love the earth and its systems.

I actually got the fellowship. I'm wondering if I'm boasting by talking about it :/

Also, I will be studying environmental degradation of nanomaterial (nanotubes). I will try to do a little more with it but that's where I'm at right now. I have an engineering and environmental studies undergrad so I don't really claim JUST ONE area, but if so it would be geo, because I love the earth and its systems.

Congratulations on your fellowship! I think that's definitely something worth shouting about.

Nano tech freaks me out. Cool topic to study!

Update:

Moving to W. Lafayette July 15th.

Starting my MS in the fall.

Got a teaching assistantship (stipend, tuition waiver, insurance) so life has been very good to me!

Hi all!

I've been admitted to the MS program in Structural Engg (School of Civil Engg), and would be moving sometime in the first week of August. I've booked a good apartment in Williamsburg (2 BR) and am now searching for a roomie!

We should all catch up for a chat once we land there! smile.gif

-abhishek

• 3 weeks later...

Hi friends,

Just to put a formal 'roomie needed' post!

I am Abhishek from Pune, India. I would be joining Purdue's School of Civil Engg. for MS from Aug. '10.

I have booked a 2 BR apartment in Williamsburg on the Wabash (about 10 mins from the campus; you can check online) and am searching for a roommate.

The apartment is a big 2BR with 2 bathrooms, one for each, and a common living room and kitchen.

The rent would be $320 + half of utilities (per month)

Interested people can reach me at adb291088@gmail.com to discuss further and/or for more details.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone!

I just received my acceptance in the Master's degree in Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences! I have never been to West Lafayette or even Indiana, so I have no idea what to expect! Does anyone have any advice about where to live? I want to live by myself in a very safe area (preferably gated). Also, does anyone have any information about assistantships? Does Purdue provide alot of funding for Master's students?

Sorry I have so many questions. I am just very overwhelmed right now. This is so exciting and unexpected!

Just found this forum and wanted to say hi. I will also be starting in the Masters program for speech language and hearing sciences this fall. I'm excited! Did you find a place to live? See you in August. : )

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use