SIPA Admission - got it

Just got the email! But my word, this school is EXPENSIVE, and no funding. :-(

I don't know if it's even possible to live in New York without at least housing paid for?? I totally want to go.

The letter states that only a very small portion of first-years receive funding, but that 50% or so of second years receive it. Anyone know what distinguishes this 50%? (Purely academic performance?)

Do any of you have a sense for whether this is a risk worth taking? (i.e. SIPA at full sticker?) I want to do an MPA in international finance and economics policy, on the advanced quantitative analysis track.

I just got accepted as well. No funding though!!

Would be interested to know the answers to Bastille's questions (also from an International Student's perspective)..

Good luck to all of you who are still waiting..

..edit..acceptance is for MIA

Edited by IntBiz

I think this forum is bad for my mental health, I'm so nervous now!

Anyways,congrats to those that have heard already! Out of curiousity, which program did you apply for, MIA or MPA?

Agreed. Every time someone comments on these topics, I get an email and automatically rush to check the post on my iPhone. Then I freak out because I think that it might be an email from a grad school. This waiting is going to kill me...

I just got accepted as well. No funding though!!

Would be interested to know the answers to Bastille's questions (also from an International Student's perspective)..

Good luck to all of you who are still waiting..

..edit..acceptance is for MIA

It sounds like this is the first MIA acceptance that we've heard of?? PS - Congrats!

Wow, so the MIA/MPA results are starting to go out...I just checked mine, nothing yet.

Congrats!

Question for those admitted so far--what letter of the alphabet does your name start with? Trying to find out if they are going in alphabetical order for those who they are in agreement about.

Congrats guys. BTW I see you are complaining abot the costs, can you tell me how much is tuitition on MIA/MPA for two years?

This is why we are all terrified: (worse because we'll all be at each other's backs gunning for a second year fellowship!)

Tuition and Fees

These figures reflect the estimated costs of the nine month academic year (fall 2009 and spring 2010 terms.) The figures are for full-time study unless otherwise noted. Students are expected to complete four full-time terms to complete these degrees.

Master of International Affairs (MIA)

Tuition (12 to 18 points of credit per

term)$38,272School Fees$1,335Health Services and Insurance Fees*$2,438Room and Board$14,850Books and Educational Supplies (Estimated)$1,500Personal Expenses (Estimated)$6,155

Total$64,550

Edit: That's PER YEAR, and doesn't include cost of living over the summer!

Edited by Bastille

Yeah that s@$c. That is how much I have to pay for PEPM but in a way it is 14 months program so it is better but when it comes to the workload I think I will not have time to sleep (so good I do not need apt :)) since I will have to get all 54 credits.

At least guys cheer up. This will open you some doors.

Yeah that s@$c. That is how much I have to pay for PEPM but in a way it is 14 months program so it is better but when it comes to the workload I think I will not have time to sleep (so good I do not need apt :)) since I will have to get all 54 credits.

At least guys cheer up. This will open you some doors.

Hey..I got my admit as well for SIPA.MIA.my first admit !!! Really wanted to get into the program, Now I'll just wait for HKS and SAIS. I'm an international student and my name starts with S.

Hey..I got my admit as well for SIPA.MIA.my first admit !!! Really wanted to get into the program, Now I'll just wait for HKS and SAIS. I'm an international student and my name starts with S.

I was accepted to SIPA MIA as well. My name starts with E.

I think there will be a survivor bias as far as post goes. But I got an email that a decision has been made and was redirected to the application page. There i found a link at the bottom which opened a pop up box with the acceptance letter.

For those who haven't got a decision yet..just keep holding on..and I really hope you get the college of your choice.

According to the blog "I am happy to share that the Committee has finalized decisions for approximately 40% of those in the applicant pool. A group of those decisions was posted late Thursday and another group will be posted today (March 5th). When a decision has been posted an email will be sent to the address you listed when filling out the application."

Fingers crossed!

Wow, so the MIA/MPA results are starting to go out...I just checked mine, nothing yet.

Congrats!

Question for those admitted so far--what letter of the alphabet does your name start with? Trying to find out if they are going in alphabetical order for those who they are in agreement about.

I think a more interesting question is when was their app submitted. A friend of mine submitted his weeks ahead of me and already got results. Me, nothing...yet.

I believe they said that they started the review process at the end of Jan. Likely it's accelerated at this point this some apps had to wait for extra material, be re-reviewed etc. I hope I hear in the next week.