Anyone waiting for Yale FES result here?

Hey,

Is there anyone waiting for Yale FES result? I checked the result board and found that Last year's result came out on 12th, March. From FES website, it seems like we will hear the result this year around "mid march. I assume that we will know the verdict next week!

Getting nervious already:(...

I did! :-)

I take it that you want to focus on environmental policy, correct? What other programs have you applied to? Duke?

Yes, environmental policy is my interest. but I only applied to FES.

But my weakness is that I did not take many Science courses back in college..actually just one course. Although I worked in waste management + policy related to environment for 2 years among my 4 years experience ( the rests are private and politic w/e) So I took one earth science class and one environmental ecology class from local college in weekends last year. Not sure they are enough for the FES :(

Edited by chenchak

Sorry, it wasn't intended to make you more anxious. I know how you feel!

Don't worry about it Valerie:) It's actually not that bad.

"the school has also worked to increase diversity and the presence of international students, McDiarmid said" does cheer me up!!!

Edited by chenchak

Hey,

Is there anyone waiting for Yale FES result? I checked the result board and found that Last year's result came out on 12th, March. From FES website, it seems like we will hear the result this year around "mid march. I assume that we will know the verdict next week!

Getting nervious already:(...

Yeah, I also applied there. They said the result will come out early next week! And I'm wondering if any of you got a telephone interview? Because it usually did a telephone interview for international students in recent years!

I did! :-)

I take it that you want to focus on environmental policy, correct? What other programs have you applied to? Duke?

I applied Duke Nicholas MEM, and was accepted by them in Feb. I'm still waiting for Yale.

How about u?

Yeah, I also applied there. They said the result will come out early next week! And I'm wondering if any of you got a telephone interview? Because it usually did a telephone interview for international students in recent years!

I actually sent them a question about admission interview. This is what I got back " No, we do not conduct admissions interviews as a part of the application process."

And the result will come out next week? Is that from the school website? ahhh, I was expecting it to come out this Friday( 12th like last year :( )

Are you also international student as well?

Edited by chenchak

I actually sent them a question about admission interview. This is what I got back " No, we do not conduct admissions interviews as a part of the application process."

And the result will come out next week? Is that from the school website? ahhh, I was expecting it to come out this Friday( 12th like last year sad.gif )

Are you also international student as well?

Yeah, I‘m also an international student, from China, actually. I also got the same response as you got about the admission interview. But I received a call from them on March 9, which is really unexpected. I didn't prepare at all. So I'm guessing I messed it up. A little bit freak out now.

It is Emly Mcdiarmid, the director of admission from FES that told me the result will come out in the early next week.

Good luck to you!

Yeah, I‘m also an international student, from China, actually. I also got the same response as you got about the admission interview. But I received a call from them on March 9, which is really unexpected. I didn't prepare at all. So I'm guessing I messed it up. A little bit freak out now.

It is Emly Mcdiarmid, the director of admission from FES that told me the result will come out in the early next week.

Good luck to you!

Oh oh! Was it the official admission interview? Would you mind sharing what the questions were about?

Oh oh! Was it the official admission interview? Would you mind sharing what the questions were about?

It‘s staff at FES who called me. It's only a chit-chat. She is very nice and the questions are more about your application material, to test your oral english.

It‘s staff at FES who called me. It's only a chit-chat. She is very nice and the questions are more about your application material, to test your oral english.

Hmm, as an international applicant, I didnt' get any calls so not sure it is a good sign for me though:( Anybody know whether they interviewed all the admitted international students in the recent years?

Hmm, as an international applicant, I didnt' get any calls so not sure it is a good sign for me though:( Anybody know whether they interviewed all the admitted international students in the recent years?

I asked several admitted students last year. It depends. Some of them got an interview while some not. So very promising for u! Good luck!

I asked several admitted students last year. It depends. Some of them got an interview while some not. So very promising for u! Good luck!

still no news, it is Monday already!!! Have you guys heard anything yet?

I applied to the MESc program (more research track) but it should come out with MEM.

Not heard a peep from Yale FES. I just heard from Duke today, I got in there. I check my email every 5 minutes... it is driving me crazy. I also haven't heard from UCSB Bren School, but they sent out an email saying they were running late and it would be next week or later. Ugh. I don't think I want to go there anyhow.

Not heard a peep from Yale FES. I just heard from Duke today, I got in there. I check my email every 5 minutes... it is driving me crazy. I also haven't heard from UCSB Bren School, but they sent out an email saying they were running late and it would be next week or later. Ugh. I don't think I want to go there anyhow.

I heard Bren was sending out decisions this Friday. But I didn't get any email from them. When did they send that out?

Edited by wooldogg

I heard Bren was sending out decisions this Friday. But I didn't get any email from them. When did they send that out?

You are right. It says the 19th

"Due to the significant increase of applications, the review process has been extended, therefore all students will receive the final admission decision no later than March 19th."

I don't know why I had next week in mind. :huh: