Anyone waiting for Yale FES result here?

I've been accepted :)

Very unexpected, but I'm happy. Waiting for financial aid to see where I'll go.

BTW does anyone plan to visit the open house?

Hi, I'm actually not planning on going, kinda far from here and my mind is set on Yale FES already. Is it common for admitted applicants to attend?

In as well! Waiting to hear about the financial aid info before final decisions.....

I've been accepted :)

Very unexpected, but I'm happy. Waiting for financial aid to see where I'll go.

BTW does anyone plan to visit the open house?

I'm quite sure that they don't expect all admitted students to attend the open house. I sort of want to attend the open house just to get a better idea about the Yale atmosphere before I make a decision about enrolling or not.

Now patiently waiting for the financial aid decisions...

Does anyone knows what's normal for international students to get as financial aid? (I think I read it may be comprised on partial scholarship plus work offers as RA...) I am kinda worried I won't get all I asked for... Also applying to WWF's Russell... so I'm just in waiting mode now...

Also, do you think it's worth borrowing half the money for attending FES? I'm guessing no if I'm planning on going back to my country of origin for NGO or Government work...paying back would be difficult to say the least!

• 3 years later...

Seeing the large portion of successful MEM applicants brought my hopes up...but guess it may be a lot different for an international applicant applying as a college senior

Could anyone please take a look at my profile : )

Undergrad institution: top 5 in China

Major: Environmental Science in the Earth Science department

GPA 3.91/4.3

GRE Q 169 V 165 AW 4.0

No working or intern experience

volunteered a semester in a geology museum

exchange experience in HK where I took a few environmental policy courses

almost no courses in economics or management

quite a lot of research experience in my home institution, HK, and one summer at MIT. All the research is more about earth science except the one in HK which is about environmental policy

LOR from my student advisor (a geochemistry professor) in my home institution, a environmental policy professor in HK CityU and a geomicrobiology professor I worked with in MIT

Thanks a million!