NYU Wagner Decisions are out

Has anyone who hasn't heard back been in touch with the admissions department?

Yes, I called the admissions office. They said they have my application and would send a response before the end of March. I considered telling them about my other offers but didn't do it - wasn't sure what I'd gain.

(I submitted my Wagner app on Jan 6th.)

I applied on Jan 7th and haven't heard anything either. I just checked the website and they've pushed back the notification date to March 31st - from the 30th. At this point, another day really doesn't matter...as long as they don't push it back another day, and another...

All I got from WAgner are two mails saying I am not getting the Reynolds and B (something) scholarship that I applied for.

I wish they also mailed whether I am in or out.

Deciding between Michigan and Maxwell,but in all probabilities it will be Maxwell.

All I got from WAgner are two mails saying I am not getting the Reynolds and B (something) scholarship that I applied for.

I wish they also mailed whether I am in or out.

Deciding between Michigan and Maxwell,but in all probabilities it will be Maxwell.

Has anyone received a rejection email from Wagner?

Has anyone received a rejection email from Wagner?

No, but it seems like there are quite a few of us still waiting for a decision. I hope they get it out by the end of the week AND with the final word on funding. I really can't wait another 2 weeks for a decision after the decision. At this point, i will only look at Wagner if i get a really nice package, and will be able to eliminate it right away if there's not enough $ or (of course!) i recieve an outright rejection. It's the last decision i'm waiting for (aside from a word on external funding) so i'm getting a little impatient!wink.gif

No, but it seems like there are quite a few of us still waiting for a decision. I hope they get it out by the end of the week AND with the final word on funding. I really can't wait another 2 weeks for a decision after the decision. At this point, i will only look at Wagner if i get a really nice package, and will be able to eliminate it right away if there's not enough $ or (of course!) i recieve an outright rejection. It's the last decision i'm waiting for (aside from a word on external funding) so i'm getting a little impatient!wink.gif

yup yup, im still waiting as well... hope we get some news soon.

So I got EVERYTHING into NYU in late December - completed app, transcripts, etc....had the recommenders contacted, and one was submitted on 12/31. I call the other recommender, I don't know, maybe ten times a day (she is a good friend and former supervisor) and guess what? she bounces - leaves the friggin country, and doesn't return until february.

So in the meantime, I'm scrambling around trying to figure out what to do. My application was "submitted" on December 30th - but the second recommendation wasn't submitted until something like 1/20.

I've called and emailed the admissions office, but they have yet to fully disclose whether or not my application was to be reviewed with those who had made the scholarship deadline or not.

My question after reading all of your posts, is that when you say "I made the deadline, or submitted my application on the 1/7 deadline" etc....are you referring to having every single piece submitted, or just the online application itself? Some schools will begin to review an application if one or two pieces are missing as long as they make it to the school soon after...which is pretty much my case.

Can anyone shine a light on this?

So I got EVERYTHING into NYU in late December - completed app, transcripts, etc....had the recommenders contacted, and one was submitted on 12/31. I call the other recommender, I don't know, maybe ten times a day (she is a good friend and former supervisor) and guess what? she bounces - leaves the friggin country, and doesn't return until february.

So in the meantime, I'm scrambling around trying to figure out what to do. My application was "submitted" on December 30th - but the second recommendation wasn't submitted until something like 1/20.

I've called and emailed the admissions office, but they have yet to fully disclose whether or not my application was to be reviewed with those who had made the scholarship deadline or not.

My question after reading all of your posts, is that when you say "I made the deadline, or submitted my application on the 1/7 deadline" etc....are you referring to having every single piece submitted, or just the online application itself? Some schools will begin to review an application if one or two pieces are missing as long as they make it to the school soon after...which is pretty much my case.

I had every piece of the application in by Jan 7th. Have not heard a thing... i have no clue what they are doing. I assume more people are getting in, if not why haven't they sent out rejections... I'm less optimistic about $.

I believe the full application and all supporting materials needed to have been submitted by 1/7 to meet the scholarship consideration deadline. They made a point on the website to say the deadline is a "received by" and not "post marked" by deadline, so if your application wasn't complete by 1/7 you are probably being considered in the non-scholarship pool.

I believe the full application and all supporting materials needed to have been submitted by 1/7 to meet the scholarship consideration deadline. They made a point on the website to say the deadline is a "received by" and not "post marked" by deadline, so if your application wasn't complete by 1/7 you are probably being considered in the non-scholarship pool.

so i did some digging, in my spare few minutes at work, and called admissions (I'm on the west coast...im a social worker....and it is not easy to get away even for a minute. Anyway...) I found out that in fact I will not be considered as part of the first wave and due to a recommender basically screwing me over, I now have to wait about 8-10 weeks from 3/31 for a decision.

Well guess what - no chance in hell a person can wait until June when the plan is to move from one coast to the other in early July. I think its ridiculous that NYU is missing out on solid candidates just because one piece of an admissions packet (the one piece thats out of the applicant's hands) wasn't there by the deadline. Most schools will start reviewing your application even if you're missing the transcript - probably the second most important part of an application behind the personal statement. I think what this shows is not how competitive Wagner is, but is instead indicative of how things work internally. The pros of NYU Wagner are obvious - but the cons I've heard speak to the administrative/faculty relationship with students.

bunch of bs if you ask me. I want my 80 bucks back.

so i did some digging, in my spare few minutes at work, and called admissions (I'm on the west coast...im a social worker....and it is not easy to get away even for a minute. Anyway...) I found out that in fact I will not be considered as part of the first wave and due to a recommender basically screwing me over, I now have to wait about 8-10 weeks from 3/31 for a decision.

Well guess what - no chance in hell a person can wait until June when the plan is to move from one coast to the other in early July. I think its ridiculous that NYU is missing out on solid candidates just because one piece of an admissions packet (the one piece thats out of the applicant's hands) wasn't there by the deadline. Most schools will start reviewing your application even if you're missing the transcript - probably the second most important part of an application behind the personal statement. I think what this shows is not how competitive Wagner is, but is instead indicative of how things work internally. The pros of NYU Wagner are obvious - but the cons I've heard speak to the administrative/faculty relationship with students.

bunch of bs if you ask me. I want my 80 bucks back.

Wow that is ridiculous. What is even the point of having a second wave if it's that late!

I actually made a stupid mistake with the deadline... I submitted my payment and didn't realize I still had to go back and press a separate submit button because it was my first application in this format. I didn't realize it until I woke up at 7 the next morning. :( That's what I get for waiting until the last minute, I guess.

Has anyone not heard anything from them that applied before Jan 7?

even for those who *did* get notification, NYU won't have the financial aid details for another few weeks. Their target is a week or so before the deadline to declare intentions. Now how am I going to say yes or no without those details before hand? Not realistic.

even for those who *did* get notification, NYU won't have the financial aid details for another few weeks. Their target is a week or so before the deadline to declare intentions. Now how am I going to say yes or no without those details before hand? Not realistic.

Wait, nobody has recieved any funding info yet? Another few weeks? Wow, NYU knows that we need to make a school choice within the next 2-3 weeks, so it's really counter to their interests not have a word on funding by the end of the month at the latest.

Wait, nobody has recieved any funding info yet? Another few weeks? Wow, NYU knows that we need to make a school choice within the next 2-3 weeks, so it's really counter to their interests not have a word on funding by the end of the month at the latest.

In my Wagner acceptance letter, they offered me a teeny tiny amount of funding. It won't be a factor in my decision. I hope others have gotten and will eventually get much more.

In my Wagner acceptance letter, they offered me a teeny tiny amount of funding. It won't be a factor in my decision. I hope others have gotten and will eventually get much more.

coakleym - when did you receive your email acceptance and when did you submit your application? thank you!

Has anyone received notification over the last week?

I was getting worried after not yet hearing anything, so I emailed admissions earlier in the week to make sure my materials had been received and processed prior to the January 7th deadline (since no confirmation emails are sent from Wagner). I received the following email, directing me to the notification timetable, which states that all notifications for students who applied prior to the scholarship deadline will be received by March 31st:

Hi Lesley,

Thank you for applying to NYU Wagner.

We have received all required materials and your application is complete.

If you would like to find out when admissions notifications will be sent, please refer to the notification timetable here: http://wagner.nyu.edu/admissions/applying/#notification

Best,

Chris Alexander

<br clear="all">

Office of Enrollment

Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service

New York University

295 Lafayette Street, 2nd Floor

New York, NY 10012

wagner.nyu.edu

Phone: (212) 998-7414

Fax: (212) 995-4611

coakleym - when did you receive your email acceptance and when did you submit your application? thank you!

Last Friday, the 19th, I got an e-mail about my acceptance and I had everything (scores, recs -- I empathize with the person that got screwed over by their recommender; that's a terrible thing to do to an applicant and Wagner's at least partially shame-worthy for not considering you sooner) to the school prior to submitting my app at a minute before the Jan 7th deadline.

All I have to say is.... UUUGGGHHH!!! I hate schools that can wait until the last minute to send out acceptances. It is comparable to the professor that assigns a ton of reading like their class is your only one...

Last Friday, the 19th, I got an e-mail about my acceptance and I had everything (scores, recs -- I empathize with the person that got screwed over by their recommender; that's a terrible thing to do to an applicant and Wagner's at least partially shame-worthy for not considering you sooner) to the school prior to submitting my app at a minute before the Jan 7th deadline.

I applied about an hour and a half before the Jan 7th deadline. Do you think they're doing the batches first by when they were received and then in alpha order? I'm towards the end of the alphabet, so that's the only reason I can think of for two people who submitted at almost the same time to hear a week apart? Maybe it's wishful thinking....