NYU Wagner Decisions are out

Is anyone thinking that they might submit the deposit to hold the seat at more than one school? I might not make a decision by April 15th so I am willing to put deposits down at two schools and risk the loss at one. Anyone else in the same boat?

Yep but before you do, give the admissions team a call. Most of the offices that I've spoken to are very open to offering extensions if you need it.

seem to have gotten some conflicting info from Wagner:

In early March, I received an email from the Reynolds fellowship saying they were reviewing the various schools semifinalists nominations and requested an interview from me.

On the Wagner/Reynolds website it states that semifinalist nominations are chosen from applicants expected to be admitted to the school.

Had the phone interview with Reynolds, thought it went well, but ultimately didnt get nominated to go to the finalist stage.

Then yesterday I received an email from Wagner admissions stating my admissions rejection.

What gives? A little confused here. Anyone else have similiar situation? Unfortunately, it seems errors at Wagner don't seem out of the ordinary by what I've read on this board...

seem to have gotten some conflicting info from Wagner:

In early March, I received an email from the Reynolds fellowship saying they were reviewing the various schools semifinalists nominations and requested an interview from me.

On the Wagner/Reynolds website it states that semifinalist nominations are chosen from applicants expected to be admitted to the school.

Had the phone interview with Reynolds, thought it went well, but ultimately didnt get nominated to go to the finalist stage.

Then yesterday I received an email from Wagner admissions stating my admissions rejection.

What gives? A little confused here. Anyone else have similiar situation? Unfortunately, it seems errors at Wagner don't seem out of the ordinary by what I've read on this board...

Wow that's cold. Especially nasty on April 1st... Surely if you were good enough to make the semifinals on the fellowship, you ought to be good enough for Wagner, especially since most never made the initial cut on the fellowship. Dunno what's up with that. Sorry to hear that.

Still nothing. Would it be gauche to ask for a refund?

No one that uses the word gauche with a straight face could ever be said to be gauche, in my opinion. smile.gif

But seriously, that's a very long time. I'd recommend calling the office to ask about it again. I had to do that for Harris; they forgot to send me my decision (or sent it to the wrong e-mail address). Chicago might be able to manage multivariate calculus but apparently they haven't mastered e-mail yet.

finally heard on why I haven't gotten a decision:

NYU: you never sent us your recommendations. Your application is incomplete and we never read it.

Me: I have the fed-ex confirmation signature that you received them from four months ago.

!! At this point, I don't even want to re-send them. Online it said my recommendations were "submitted offline."

Make sure they have everything if you haven't heard. I've had a bad experience.

finally heard on why I haven't gotten a decision:

NYU: you never sent us your recommendations. Your application is incomplete and we never read it.

Me: I have the fed-ex confirmation signature that you received them from four months ago.

!! At this point, I don't even want to re-send them. Online it said my recommendations were "submitted offline."

Make sure they have everything if you haven't heard. I've had a bad experience.

Thats pretty ridiculous... Are they offering you any type of consolation? A refund, perhaps? In retrospect, I don't know why I even applied there...lol... They are a great school, but they seem very impersonal...

I asked for a refund (nicely) and they said they do not refund, but offered to read my app by next week if I asked all my recommendors to resend letters this week. However, I said no thanks and withdrew my app. Just glad to close this chapter!

That's absurd. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm a lot less excited about the program knowing that they can't even keep track of packages they receive in their office. That's very disappointing.

I asked for a refund (nicely) and they said they do not refund, but offered to read my app by next week if I asked all my recommendors to resend letters this week. However, I said no thanks and withdrew my app. Just glad to close this chapter!

Thats good! I think you will get better treatment, and service elsewhere. If you wouldve been accepted, you probably wouldve been number 900000120176 to them, and nothing more...lol

Thats good! I think you will get better treatment, and service elsewhere. If you wouldve been accepted, you probably wouldve been number 900000120176 to them, and nothing more...lol

You're probably short a few digits there... ;)

I got waitlisted too.

Might sound foolish...but if one does get cleared off the list...any chance of funding?

Freed up a spot for someone in Wagner's purgatory today...

I emailed admissions wondering where my decision was, and it turns out one of my LORs didn't get there until 1/23 even though my app was in by 1/6. So I'm in the next group of applicants to be reviewed and should hear up to 8 weeks after 3/31. I'll probably accept an offer to an MPH program by then because that is a long time. Oh well.

• 8 years later...
On 3/5/2010 at 6:44 PM, broadinterests said:

Hello all,

Just wanted to let you know that Wagner has begun sending decisions. I was admitted via email this morning with a 75% tuition scholarship, pretty nice. Good luck to the rest of you.

broadinterests

Hi, this is super late but, can you share your profile please? Your scores, professional experience etc and what you think influenced your acceptance at NYU? I will be so grateful!!!