UCLA MSW Admissions (2010-2011)

adlr753

Hello all, I applied to UCLA for their MSW program for this upcoming Fall and am going up the walls wondering whether I got in. Because I applied for their fellowships, I applied back in December. It's been nearly 3 months! Anyone hear back yet? Anyone know when acceptance/rejection letters come in? Thanks!

I was glad you posted this, as I'm in a similar situation (didn't apply for fellowship consideration, though). I've been checking this forum, but it looks like no one else has anything new to add in regards to UCLA? I'm still waiting, too. Best of luck.

Thanks for the reply, Robin21. Good luck to you too and congrats on the other acceptances :)

I was glad you posted this, as I'm in a similar situation (didn't apply for fellowship consideration, though). I've been checking this forum, but it looks like no one else has anything new to add in regards to UCLA? I'm still waiting, too. Best of luck.

I think last year's forum showed that UCLA gave out acceptances past April 15th?

Replying to myself because I actually just heard back from UCLA. I'm IN! I didn't apply for the fellowship deadline (Again, applied on the last day possible!) so that sucks, but I'll get in-state tuition. Think this might be the best bang for the buck option! Hurrah!

Replying to myself because I actually just heard back from UCLA. I'm IN! I didn't apply for the fellowship deadline (Again, applied on the last day possible!) so that sucks, but I'll get in-state tuition. Think this might be the best bang for the buck option! Hurrah!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Did they send you an email to check the website???

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Did they send you an email to check the website???

The actually sent me a letter dated March 8, 2010. The letter was from the School of Public Affairs letting me know I should be receiving an email from the Graduate Department soon.

Oooh, Red Rock that's great! Congratulations :) :) :) One question: big envelope or small?

The actually sent me a letter dated March 8, 2010. The letter was from the School of Public Affairs letting me know I should be receiving an email from the Graduate Department soon.

congrats to red rock! ok, I can't stop freaking out. I want to know all my options and I am waiting on pins and needles to see what schools I am accepted to. I applied to UCLA and I want to know if I've been accepted..... AAAAAh. I was so calm this weekend, but today I'm having a "too much coffee" spring forward monday morning freak out. Talked to admissions by phone. Decisions are being made right now and applicants should know by the end of the month...

Question: Have most people already taken the required statistics course? Have you ever heard of someone being rejected or not admitted until the course has been completed? I'm currently taking it and got an email from UCLA last week asking for the transcript once I complete it (in 3 weeks). I sent them an email explaining that it was still in progress but would be completed soon and I haven't heard anything since. Are they only accepting people who have completed this prereq, or are they waiting to see my grade before they make a desicion? Anybody have any thoughts? Very nervous....

Hmmm, I thought I'd answer since I started this thread. I'll answer about my personal experience. I did take a year and a half of Stats. Regarding the decision to reject based on the lack of a Stats course, I am unsure. Good luck, though!!!

Question: Have most people already taken the required statistics course? Have you ever heard of someone being rejected or not admitted until the course has been completed? I'm currently taking it and got an email from UCLA last week asking for the transcript once I complete it (in 3 weeks). I sent them an email explaining that it was still in progress but would be completed soon and I haven't heard anything since. Are they only accepting people who have completed this prereq, or are they waiting to see my grade before they make a desicion? Anybody have any thoughts? Very nervous....

Hi, I'm in the same boat too! I applied for the fellowship back in December and have yet to receive official notification...Yesterday I checked my app status online, and it said that I was missing one of my references. Once I got a chance to talk to them about that, they told me that my app was complete and that they're drafting up an acceptance letter at the moment...maybe they notify the fellowship applicants later?? :/?

Hi Nessadub,

I'm a little confused. Did you say you were accepted to the program? If so, congrats! Also, to be clear did you apply to the fellowship? If so, how did you find out before the 31st? Thanks...I just hate all this waiting. It's driving me up the walls!

-adlr753

Called this morning. I'm in too. I talked to admissions and they said fellowship info won't be available until 3/31/2010.

adler. I was accepted by asking on the phone. I also got a letter in the post yesterday which was postmarked 3/22/2010.. Apparently the fellowship process is separate. The school nominates you for fellowship if you applied, but another entity (grad division?) chooses. Then they tell the school. The school is supposed to hear on 3/31/2010. I'm calling on that day to see if I was one of the lucky ones.

Hi, I just got accepted via mail today to UCLA's MSW program! Yay! biggrin.gif Congrats to everyone who has been accepted, and good luck to those who are still waiting to hear. :)

I was wondering if anyone has discovered and used a good scholarship website to apply for various scholarships? Some of the ones i've looked at online seem pretty random. I'd love to hear any suggestions or experiences you might have regarding solid scholarship sites. Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...