Welcome to the GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
SomeoneTakeMe

Yale

28 posts in this topic

Hey Gaeta, I'm also coming for Stats! Are you in the Facebook group for the new 2010 grad students yet? I'd love to chat

magic, I PMed you. Looking forward to meeting you!

I have a question..not long to go now and in my pre-arrival organisation I was getting all my finances in order (ugh), checked my Yale admit letter for my exact stipend amount - and realised they are 'pleased to offer a minimum level of support of $26,000' per year. I haven't received any other correspondence with an exact figure as far as I can see - does anyone know if I should take this amount as very close to the mark or maybe I'm going to get a a very happy surprise (I know, I can dream though).

I feel like this is something I should have received confirmation of! Is everyone else's package as vague?

I'm guessing they put that in just in case you end up receiving a special fellowship or outside funding or something like that. You'd probably know if that was the case, though, so the chances of a happy surprise might be kind of slim :)