Anyone heard from LBJ school?

xcrazydave

Where does LBJ sit amongst the other public policy schools? And do they have a good International Development program?

From what I've seen, it's at around 10...Check out this link:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13056

Also, I don't think there's a specific ID program...There is, however, a "Development" specialization under the Global Policy Studies Program (which is a brand new program):

http://www.utexas.edu/lbj/degreeprogram ... ations.php

Congrats! Nothing on me either. I sent an email because my new email is not working though.. ugh.

Man, I am happy for you, but feeling a little sick since I did not hear anything and I submitted my ap in September... I kinda had my doubts.

Good job! Are you still considering Bush?

YES...the EID page did change. I checked it this morning and nothing. But almost immediately after I got the email, I looked again and where it said "we've received your credentials and they've been forwarded" (or whatever), that now said I'd been accepted. I really hope you guys get something soon...

BTW dave, I am still considering Bush. I am attending the "interview conference" at the end of this month. I understand that 2 weeks after the conference I'll have a definite decision from them. I still like the focus on intelligence, etc. at Bush.

I sent an email to the admin person since I have had several conversations with her and she said not getting anything yet just means that she has not sent anything yet. She will send in short bursts from now until mid-March.

That makes me feel a bit better. Thanks for the news.

Any idea why they are sending out the notification emails in batches? Is this because they're personalized or they're making ongoing decisions?

This is torture knowing that emails have gone out and I still have nothing! Good luck everyone!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Off topic, but I second what someone else has already stated, and wonder if there is a way this discussion could be moved to the Government Affairs forum. Moderator?

Anything I would say is a guess. But an educated one. It seems they are on a rolling basis, but put the borderline ones to the end... kinda of a quasi waiting list.

It is killing me as well. I only applied to LBJ (I am attending the TSU program right now), so it is a big deal to me... We will all know within a month.

That makes a lot of sense. Assuming they are sending out emails on a rolling basis with 'back-up' applicants notified towards the end of the notification period, I'm guessing this would mean they won't notify people of rejections until the very end of the 'roll out' period. Ouch.

I feel for you, crazydave. I have applied to 5 programs, and at least I can comfort myself with the fact I have five shots at it!

TTUjay -- did the accept e-mail mention anything about an admitted students weekend?

Yes, there are two such days listed: March 6 and April 9. Hopefully, this means that the admissions decisions are somehow split into at least two large sections--after all, March 6 is coming rather quickly for out-of-staters to just up and go to Austin. Good luck to you guys.

Just out of curiosity, did you guys apply anywhere else? Dave, I know that you're at TSU so I can imagine you're already quite close to Austin...but are there any other options? (Aside from staying at TSU) For me--as you can see from the diversity of my applied schools--I haven't locked myself into staying in Texas...then again, I'm not a Texan, but I can imagine your situation (for those of you who are)...I'm still staying positive for you all--it is after all what has gotten me to this point...

No, I applied to UT Polisci when I first came home from Iraq, which is much harder to get into and did not get in.. we moved to Austin and I started at TSU and found out about LBJ... my wife teaches near Austin and I work in Austin, so we are staying here for now... but I sure hope I get in... kind of my last attempt I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone still waiting on LBJ?

I must be in the second rollout :wink:

My degree is Electrical Engineering at A&M, low GPA - 2.8 - Upper level classes worse than general - but those classes don't matter for this program! I got A's on Political Science and History and Philosophy and Art and Writing ...

I'm working for the Gov now and have a good essay and letters of recommendation and a 520/720 GRE.

Only place I applied.

*crosses fingers*

Anyone still waiting on LBJ?

I must be in the second rollout :wink:

My degree is Electrical Engineering at A&M, low GPA - 2.8 - Upper level classes worse than general - but those classes don't matter for this program! I got A's on Political Science and History and Philosophy and Art and Writing ...

I'm working for the Gov now and have a good essay and letters of recommendation and a 520/720 GRE.

Only place I applied.

*crosses fingers*

Hey Ideomotor,

I just went to the open house today and I was told, just as you said, that the second rollout has not happened yet. Just thought I'd let you know that there is still definitely hope. Not sure if you've been over there but it's a pretty decent set-up. Best of luck to you.