NSERC 2010-2011

itsAnewStart

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know the results aren't supposed to come out until March, but some people I know have already got their rejection letters- so I was just wondering if anyone had news? I'm in the US, so I imagine iot'll take the mail a bit longer to get here.

Brad

They state that the results will be mailed out on March 31st, but I've heard earlier than that in previous years (both PGS-M, and PGS-D). I've heard from some friends that they received rejection letters back in January and Feb, and from other friends that they always received their rejection letters in Jan. and Feb. One friend in particular seemed to think that if I hadn't heard anything yet, then it was probably a good sign... but now it's just making me neurotic!

I have not heard anything yet, not even rejection. is that true that they send the rejections first?

i m from waterloo,canada

re: sending rejections first- I don't know, I can't comment on that from first hand knowledge. I do know that the friends that I've spoken with who've received rejections say that they've always received their rejections in January and February, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I called NSERC up and asked them when the results owuld be posted- they said the end of March. I said that some of my friends had already received their rejections, and they said that was entirely possible. It's unclear to me what that means, so ymmv, but it's something.

Scattered around the US mostly.

You mean they applied for NSERC, but live in US? and already got the letters?! :S that's interesting!

The website does say "by March 31", But this "by" may be very ambiguous! I was checking last year's forum, and it seems that it is mainly based on your location (due to the mailing delay).

I am not sure if it will be the same this year, but some people got their letters mid-April!!

You mean they applied for NSERC, but live in US? and already got the letters?! :S that's interesting!

The website does say "by March 31", But this "by" may be very ambiguous! I was checking last year's forum, and it seems that it is mainly based on your location (due to the mailing delay).

I am not sure if it will be the same this year, but some people got their letters mid-April!!

Some people got their rejection letters mid-April?

Some people got their rejection letters mid-April?

Well, almost both!! But i also heard that last year, NSERC had some problems/delays, and that usually they reply with letters (rejections or acceptances) after mid-March. So, let's hope there wouldn't be any problems this year as well.

Well, almost both!! But i also heard that last year, NSERC had some problems/delays, and that usually they reply with letters (rejections or acceptances) after mid-March. So, let's hope there wouldn't be any problems this year as well.

Yes, actually, in the past when I applied for CGS/PGS-M, my letter for of acceptance was sent on Mars 12...and I received it few days later. So everybody hang it there....the letters could be in the mail already...if they don't have delays or problems

Hey guys ... what happened to that Queen's rumor :) ?

What are chances with 2 second publications as co-author and 2 conference presentations ? I heard it is very important to have first author publications to get NSERC . Anyone to comment on this ?