NSERC 2010-2011

itsAnewStart

hahaha. I guess not!! My department told me today, we should hear from NSERC this week! So fingers crossed! and good luck for everyone.

I don't know how I'm going to get any work done this week.

And, the results will likely take longer to get to the USA.

Nothing yet...

Does anyone know how NSERC PINs work? At the presentation in the fall, we were told that only successful applicants would receive a PIN number. However, a lot of sites seem to say that everyone gets a PIN.

The reason I ask is that my NSERC profile was just updated to include a PIN number. I hate to read too much into it, but I'm grasping for any news regarding a PGS-M. :)

And now back to the waiting game....

http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/OnlineServices-ServicesEnLigne/instructions/202/e.asp

Personal Identification Number (PIN)

All NSERC applicants have received, or will receive, an NSERC PIN. It can be found on any official correspondence you have received from NSERC. Refer to your PIN each time you apply for an award and in future correspondence with NSERC. If you have not previously applied to NSERC, or if you cannot remember your PIN, leave the field blank.

Nothing yet...

Does anyone know how NSERC PINs work? At the presentation in the fall, we were told that only successful applicants would receive a PIN number. However, a lot of sites seem to say that everyone gets a PIN.

The reason I ask is that my NSERC profile was just updated to include a PIN number. I hate to read too much into it, but I'm grasping for any news regarding a PGS-M. smile.gif

And now back to the waiting game....

This statement is general and has nothing to do with this year's result ...

let's hope we hear soon :) .... its really hard to work with this much anxiety

Thanks!

Oh well, at least the appearance of a PIN means that there is actually something happening at NSERC.

uwGradStudent: After login on to NSERC and going to "Maintain User Profile" there's now a yellow bar at the top that says "Your PIN has been validated by NSERC. NSERC PIN: XXXXXXX"

jsmandur: It's definitely a general statement, but it's the most exciting NSERC activity I've seen since I received a letter in early December saying my application was forwarded. :D

uwGradStudent: After login on to NSERC and going to "Maintain User Profile" there's now a yellow bar at the top that says "Your PIN has been validated by NSERC. NSERC PIN: XXXXXXX"

jsmandur: It's definitely a general statement, but it's the most exciting NSERC activity I've seen since I received a letter in early December saying my application was forwarded. :D

Thanks. But no PIN update for me!

jsmandur: It's definitely a general statement, but it's the most exciting NSERC activity I've seen since I received a letter in early December saying my application was forwarded. biggrin.gif

I got my PIN ...

Edited by jsmandur

This week couldn't possibly go any slower.

It's odd that everything I've read regarding the USRA (for example, USRA guidelines from Queens, U of T, and U of Western Ontario) says that only holders of the award are assigned a PIN, while it seems to be different for the PGS and CGS's.

Edit: uwGradStudent: This was my first time applying.

Edited by Sydryx

This week couldn't possibly go any slower.

It's odd that everything I've read regarding the USRA (for example, USRA guidelines from Queens, U of T, and U of Western Ontario) says that only holders of the award are assigned a PIN, while it seems to be different for the PGS and CGS's.

Edit: uwGradStudent: This was my first time applying.

Oh Crap! I hope not a bad sign! sad.gif

Though i know some people that got rejected and still got assigned a PIN. So, am really not sure. I don't feel like entering the speculation game, coz it's dangerous :)

Can't concentrate on my work!!!

Ttry to schedule your work hours after the mailing time. For example, i know that the last mail i can get is around 3:00 pm. So i am trying to work afterwards :)

Hope this makes this week goes more efficiently than what is currently being done!