Brandeis?

pemorphy

• 1 month later...

Thanks! and congrats on your admit!

Yeah we'll see what happens. Its probably a tough shot since there were only 6(or 7) admits to the comparative side, and I'm not sure where I'm at on the waitlist, but it seems like a pretty good department.

Steve,

you mentioned something about an open house...did you attend? are your impressions of the dept based on that visit or other correspondence you've had with them? If you don't mind me asking, who is/would be your primary advisor?

I mostly attended the open house for info on housing, health insurance, etc. and to meet with faculty and students. I was admitted to the MA program last year, but decided not to attend for financial reasons; so I am pretty well acquainted with the program by this point.

There are a few profs I am interested in working with there in modern European history (Binion, in particular), but I really liked the openness and approach of the program as a whole. I'm not really sure how the process of being assigned an advisor works there. I think the program director might just advise everyone (???)

Let me know if you have any other questions, and definitely let me know if you end up there.

• 1 month later...

I am going for a PhD in International Econ and Finance.

Have you looked into housing yet? I might live in Cambridge but just wonder if that would be really inconvenient to commute. Btw, I love the program and the people at Brandeis but the campus is so ugly :((

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying unsuccessfully to get word of my application status from Brandeis' Politics department since mid-March, and at this point I am forced to conclude that they have admitted me with the most fabulous funding package of all time, but national security concerns prevents them from revealing this to me. So I am forced to go somewhere else instead :(

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use