To apply or not to apply

fred987

I applied to two schools, with the intentions of applying to a third (deadline next week). I got accepted into the first two, with one being my top choice. I already decided where I am going to go and accepted the offer. However, I put A LOT of effort into this third application and I feel it would be a waste if I did not apply. Ofcourse, it would be a waste if I do apply since I already know where I'm going. Advice?

I understand that you put a lot of effort into your application, but you already have the result you wanted. So, congratulations. It's time that you put the application phase behind you and start planning your future at your chosen school.

Save yourself the application fee to a school you're never going to go to, save the adcom the time of considering your app, and allow another student to accept an offer, who is likelier to accept it. I don't see any gain in it for you except for an ego boost if you get in, but you could be harming fellow applicants in the process.

Yep, I agree with those above. Why waste any time finishing it, not to mention the money? You got into your first choice, what more do you want?

I agree. I won't be applying. I just felt like I spent months working on (a rather large) SOP, and I wanted some credit for it. Perhaps I'll just read it out loud to my girlfriend or something haha. I also felt like I owed it to my LORs, otherwise its like their letters were for not. But you are all right, its a waste of time and I should just put the whole process behind me. Thanks for the encouragement!