Who hasn't gotten accepted anywhere yet?

martizzle

I'm sitting on 5 rejections, 1 waitlist and 2 totally unknowns (I emailed the PIs WEEKS ago and I have not gotten any responses). I've lost all hope and have been searching for plan Bs... so far I've been rejected from 2 plan B's.

Words cannot describe the unbelievably low-sense of self esteem I'm feeling right now.

So..... One of my schools had a Dec. 1 deadline, and still no word. The last I heard was that they were getting decisions out the first week of March. The next school had a Dec. 15 deadline, and still no word from them at all. The third school had a Jan. 1 deadline along with rolling admissions. Still no word from them either. The fourth school had a deadline of Jan. 5. I heard back from them with a "no" back in Feb. The fifth school had a deadline of Jan. 15 and I still haven't heard anything from them either. My sixth, and backup, school had a deadline of Feb. 1, and lost all of my materials only to inform me that my application was complete 20 minutes before the final deadline.

As it stands, I'm guessing I should have heard back from schools 1-5 by now. As I haven't heard anything positive or negative, which in previous years I'd already heard back negative, I'm going to guess that I may be waitlisted at most of these schools, but I have no way of knowing for sure..

School 6 told me to not expect any kind of decision until between March and May. Considering that my application was only completed that late, I don't think that I'll be at the top of any lists there.

If I don't hear anything good back from any of the schools, I'm most likely going to have to leave graduate studies as my current institution does not seem to be willing to keep me on. As it stands, I'm pretty nervous right now and not so sure what to do.

Edit: I forgot to mention that none of these schools has a feature to check the status of your application online either.

Edited by SublimeDelusions

Sorry to double post, but the forum won't let me edit my previous post.

Just got information today from one of the graduate programs I had applied to. They apparently selected their students months ago, and just didn't think it was important enough to send me a letter saying I was rejected. So now I'm starting to think that's the case for all of the schools that I haven't heard back from yet.

I had the same thing happen to me... I finally got sick of waiting and called up two universities and was told that they rejected me months ago. They didn't even bother to update my status online, so I was checking that everyday for no reason. I'm waiting on two more...

I had the same thing happen to me... I finally got sick of waiting and called up two universities and was told that they rejected me months ago. They didn't even bother to update my status online, so I was checking that everyday for no reason. I'm waiting on two more...

that sucks guys...all these schools aren't professional (in my opinion). what's the big deal, why do they keep people in suspense? there are so..............many people in similar situations: is it so hard to just send an email or do an online update (the schools that use the online apply thing-y)???

good luck to you & others in similar situations

I can't believe I paid so much to be kept in the dark this long. As of April 8, I still have not heard a peep from 4 schools, got a 1 rejection, and am on 2 great waitilists. Am hoping for an acceptance somewhere, and am thus too scared to reach out to schools first, in the event that I just hear more rejections that much sooner.

I woke up to great news today -- my husband and I were both accepted into the English MA program at University of Victoria! After all of those rejections and little hope remaining for being accepted anywhere, we couldn't be happier!

Best of luck to all of you still waiting... I hope you all get good news soon.

I woke up to great news today -- my husband and I were both accepted into the English MA program at University of Victoria! After all of those rejections and little hope remaining for being accepted anywhere, we couldn't be happier!

Congratulations!!!

More news. Another program rejected me, taking the total to 3 of the 6 I applied to. I found out from another that my application is still under consideration. I still have no word from my last school.

So as of now: 3 rejects, 2 waitlists, 1 who-knows-what.

Good news: My top two schools are my waitlists, and I expected two of the three rejections.

Bad news: The school I don't know anything about is my last ditch school and my backup.

More news. Another program rejected me, taking the total to 3 of the 6 I applied to. I found out from another that my application is still under consideration. I still have no word from my last school.

Good news: My top two schools are my waitlists, and I expected two of the three rejections.

Bad news: The school I don't know anything about is my last ditch school and my backup.

Good luck with those waitlists! I hope you can get into one of your top choices.

congrats to u & ur hubby...now u both get into the same school at the same time...NICE :)

Official as of 10 minutes ago-- the school I was waitlisted at notified me that all of their acceptances accepted this year. 6/6.

Very upset.

sorry about that. I wish you the best though

at least those two (waitlists) schools tot u capable enough to put you on their waitlists. so through all of this, your self-confidence should still be high....(idk if that helps, but thats just what I think. I wasn't put on any waitlist, so i think the fact that you got on one means your stats -gpa, previous research/what not - are nice)

still nothing from 3 schools, rejected from 5. On top of that, my boyfriend of 2+ years dumped me.

FML.

FML - i love that website/app on the iphone...ok moving onto the serious topic...well the school app thing...its rough. and to make matters worse, these idiotic schools dont even care to inform us of their decisions on time. i mean, wtf! it sucks bcuz i actually sold my xbox360 and games to pay for a couple of my apps; only to have 1/2 of those schools turn around and ignore me...it blows. next time around, im going to start emailing/calling/stalking/insulting people, i dont care how unprofessional it is, but thats just me. if i get another offer and said school hasnt gotten back to me, i will inform them in no uncertain terms, how unprofessional and mean it is to not update applicants regularly & on-time.

about ur bf...forgive me, but he sucks :) my gf dumped me on this past saturday/sunday (although we made up...or rather, she did & i was too easy/desperate for love)...anyway, this got me thinking. applying to grad schools is a difficult and stressful process for most applicants. if our significant others can't be here for us during this trying time (and bid their time to break up with us lol)...idk...are they "the one"? Obviously, there's always other stuff going on, but still...us gradcafe users have to stick together right lol. i wish you the best (in both ur proffessional/academic life as well as your private life).

Edited by martizzle

FML - i love that website/app on the iphone...ok moving onto the serious topic...well the school app thing...its rough. and to make matters worse, these idiotic schools dont even care to inform us of their decisions on time. i mean, wtf! it sucks bcuz i actually sold my xbox360 and games to pay for a couple of my apps; only to have 1/2 of those schools turn around and ignore me...it blows. next time around, im going to start emailing/calling/stalking/insulting people, i dont care how unprofessional it is, but thats just me. if i get another offer and said school hasnt gotten back to me, i will inform them in no uncertain terms, how unprofessional and mean it is to not update applicants regularly & on-time.

about ur bf...forgive me, but he sucks :) my gf dumped me on this past saturday/sunday (although we made up...or rather, she did & i was too easy/desperate for love)...anyway, this got me thinking. applying to grad schools is a difficult and stressful process for most applicants. if our significant others can't be here for us during this trying time (and bid their time to break up with us lol)...idk...are they "the one"? Obviously, there's always other stuff going on, but still...us gradcafe users have to stick together right lol. i wish you the best (in both ur proffessional/academic life as well as your private life).

Too bad we don't all live near each other...we could have a wine and cry fest. I got into two schools but without funding. I applied for a position teaching where I am now but won't know about that till late April. I am crying almost every day and having panic attacks...I just need to know what is going to happen with my life! ARGHHHHHHH