NYU

Hovarth

Yes, me! (I think). Anthropology PhD. I'm flying to New York next week for a meet and greet and walking tour of Greenwich Village! Very excited.

I am in the beginning stages of weighing up apartment options now...fun but clueless. :)

I visited last fall, got in two weeks ago and still havent made my mind up yet. Too many factors yet to sort out. Those meet and greet events are nice though. Wagner's (Public Admin School) day is April 9 so I have a little longer to make up my mind

Update: decided not to go to visiting day or attend the school

Edited by pea-jay

• 2 weeks later...

I may be (probably will be) heading out there, too. MA English. Just have to find the sig oth a job and everything else is pretty much, hopefully, I-don't-know-yet-but-I-think-we-will-get there good to go. Thinking of living in Hoboken. Woot!

Hi all,

That's great to hear your acceptance into your respective programs! Had a question I thought you could help answer..

I am looking to apply to the School of Professional Studies for a MS in Public Relations. Anyone have an idea on the competitiveness of the school as far as admission is concerned? Also, I am currently a graduating senior and will be graduating in May. Do I have a shot?

-GPA- 3.5

-Ton of extracurriculars including serving as a manager for the campus radio station, chairing an on campus Public Relations committe and working at university athletics public relations.

-Taking the GRE's in a couple of weeks. Practice tests show me scoring in the high 500's to low 600's on math and high 400's low 500's on Verbal.

Thanks!

Speech path at Steinhardt! Did anyone hear about grad housing yet?

Grad Housing is full already, waitlist only, because so many people renewed. Its Washington Sq. Village (Those big white high rises). Per semester, its 12,000 without a roommate and 7,000 with a roommate. Additionally, its not only grad students who live here - professors have the option of living there too (but for much cheaper rates). I would have loved to live in grad housing, but this situation doesn't seem too good. :(

Grad Housing is full already, waitlist only, because so many people renewed. Its Washington Sq. Village (Those big white high rises). Per semester, its 12,000 without a roommate and 7,000 with a roommate. Additionally, its not only grad students who live here - professors have the option of living there too (but for much cheaper rates). I would have loved to live in grad housing, but this situation doesn't seem too good. :(

going to nyu in the fall too. I was thinking the same thing about housing, it doesn't really look promising. I saw that I'm on the housing waitlist. I don't think it will come through though so I plan to start looking for a studio end of jul beginning of aug. I doubt I'll be living close to nyu though so a commute it will be for me :-(

I will be attending NYU in the fall for a PhD in Biology, any other NYU MacCracken Fellows on here participating the MacCracken Housing Program? Does anyone know how they assign room-mates for the shared apartments?

going to nyu in the fall too. I was thinking the same thing about housing, it doesn't really look promising. I saw that I'm on the housing waitlist. I don't think it will come through though so I plan to start looking for a studio end of jul beginning of aug. I doubt I'll be living close to nyu though so a commute it will be for me :-(

Hi. What did you apply for? I ask because I saw your signature said gw, gtown and nyu - all three of which I applied and got into. Just curious.

Also, yeah.... commuting. I'm going to live in a commuter area an hour away via bus for a year, crash with some people I know. Maybe live near NYU in a year or two?

I will be attending NYU in the fall for a PhD in Biology, any other NYU MacCracken Fellows on here participating the MacCracken Housing Program? Does anyone know how they assign room-mates for the shared apartments?

I'm participating in the MacCracken Housing Program, too! Not sure when the roommate assignments are decided...I think they used to do it with some online forum they have, but apparently it wasn't up this season (hence having to send in all of that awful paperwork, if you were in the same boat as me...). Looking forward to getting it all figured out, though!

I'm participating in the MacCracken Housing Program, too! Not sure when the roommate assignments are decided...I think they used to do it with some online forum they have, but apparently it wasn't up this season (hence having to send in all of that awful paperwork, if you were in the same boat as me...). Looking forward to getting it all figured out, though!

I just hope it's not a random assignment, I am very excited to get it all figured out and move to NYC!

Attending Steinhardt- MA Counseling for Mental Health and Wellness this fall! Super excited but worried about housing as I am waitlisted too. Worried about getting stuck with a psychopath rooommate! hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

hello! just received my offer from steinhardt the other day for an MA in bilingual school counseling. i'm so excited about moving to new york, and nervous too, having never lived in the states before. but i am currently living in france and i am sure all the bureaucracy and stuff can't be harder than it is here in france! i too am on the wait list for housing, but i am looking into getting a place to share as well.

Hi Elfie! Congrats on the acceptance letter to NYU!

Just got mine as well (for the Schack Institute) so we might just be fellow new yorkers! Quick question - how long did you have to wait to receive your financial aid package (assuming you applied) ?

Hope all is well in France and santé !

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use