Landscape Architecture at FIU

Hi all,

Does anyone know about the strength or quality of the Masters program in Landscape Architecture at Florida International University? Is it any good? I know the program is LAAB accredited but I also have heard that FIU's degrees are not valued enough by prospective employers and in general, FIU is not a place for serious study.

Have any of you any opinions to offer on this?

• 2 months later...

FIU is more of a launchpad for better schools..... Columbia for example. If you were getting your BSc. there then it would be worth it. Especially as a florida resident. I can't imagine anyone coming from out of state to go to that arch school. At the Master's level, it pretty much means you will end up working in Miami or Ft.Lauderdale for very very very shady firms. Shady = undervalue you, with no benefits, and sometimes will replace you outright for students who work cheaper. Not a real economy down there...then again, FIU is not a real school.

Sorry to be the one to break the news to you

• 1 month later...

The accelerated Master of Landscape Architecture (MLA) program provides a seamless course of study leading from undergraduate freshman year to the conferral of the Professional Master of Landscape Architecture degree. The accelerated MLA is comprised of 156 credit hours of integrated pre-graduate and graduate coursework. The degree consists of 72 credit hours of pre-graduate coursework taken over two years followed by 84 credit hours of graduate coursework. At the conclusion of 72 credit hours of pre-graduate study, students move directly to graduate study. A transition from undergraduate to graduate standing occurs at the end of the fourth year Spring semester after the completion of 120 credits. Students must be in good standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better. A Bachelor degree is not awarded at any point in the program

• 5 years later...

If anyone is in need for a specific software for their PC to use for their studies (architecture), please contact me for installation services. I provide installation of the latest adobe and autodesk software and training videos at a affordable price. 5616678837.