I hate Pearson

Guest Boat Meadow

Guest Boat Meadow

A little background - I went for my masters a couple of years ago and my GMAT was ok enough so I decide to not bother retaking it. So now it's PhD app time and since my apps are due in Jan through March I fill out the back of my GMAT score results to request more scores be sent and fax it to them. Right after 1/15 I get a message from one of the schools that they haven't received my GMATs. So I call - and hey - I didn't know the companies switched... why the heck was the old fax number still working? And why didn't I receive anything saying they couldn't process my request? Ok, no big deal. I call the new company (Pearson) and order my scores. Now I am sitting here waiting and I'm not hearing anything from any of the schools. So I finally break down and contact one of the schools - they still haven't received my scores, and sorry charlie, play again next year. I call up Pearson and the call center rep keeps making me repeat my basic info and draws out the call - then - click - hangs up. I call back and get the recording that I have to call during office hours. So she was basically stringing me along and once 7pm central hit - she just hung up. I can't believe it. Of course they charged my credit card in early January, but no one got the reports and now I am screwed... They'll be getting a piece of my mind tomorrow...

A little background - I went for my masters a couple of years ago and my GMAT was ok enough so I decide to not bother retaking it. So now it's PhD app time and since my apps are due in Jan through March I fill out the back of my GMAT score results to request more scores be sent and fax it to them. Right after 1/15 I get a message from one of the schools that they haven't received my GMATs. So I call - and hey - I didn't know the companies switched... why the heck was the old fax number still working? And why didn't I receive anything saying they couldn't process my request? Ok, no big deal. I call the new company (Pearson) and order my scores. Now I am sitting here waiting and I'm not hearing anything from any of the schools. So I finally break down and contact one of the schools - they still haven't received my scores, and sorry charlie, play again next year. I call up Pearson and the call center rep keeps making me repeat my basic info and draws out the call - then - click - hangs up. I call back and get the recording that I have to call during office hours. So she was basically stringing me along and once 7pm central hit - she just hung up. I can't believe it. Of course they charged my credit card in early January, but no one got the reports and now I am screwed... They'll be getting a piece of my mind tomorrow...

I had one school email me saying they were missing all my application elements when I had delivery confirmation for when I sent it in December. After telling them how frustrated I was, I got a call back two hours later telling me they found my packet. She said that someone had pulled it and then retired. Does this make any sense? Why you are pulling files when you are not coming to work ever again? Makes me wonder if she just didn't want me to apply and so she "found" my packet :roll: