Physics?

Guest Pabee

I've been accepted to Brown University and Washington University in St. Louis and rejected from Stanford. People on other on thegradcafe board have heard from Columbia and MIT already, so I'm not optimistic about those.

American--> No. I'm an international student with US degree

String Theorist-->I'm not a string theorist. I'm a high energy particle theorist. I have taken String Theory during my undergrad year though I didn't stress it in my SOP.

I expressed interest in string theory, and I'm into Caltech. However, I also expressed an interest in theory in general; they have offered me the Richard Feynman Fellowship, $30,000 per year with apparently no responsiblities beyond coursework.

So does anyone know if places send out waves of acceptance offers? Or if you see that someone has got accepted somewhere and you haven't gotten your offer, then its a done deal and you should wait for the rejection letter in the mail?

I came across the following websites online, and it appears one of the previous people posting on here neglected to include some things on his profile. Here's the rest of the information, such as extracurricular involvement and family life:

(Removed by admin. Sorry, but I am letting you choose how much info you reveal about yourself, so give the other user the same luxury. I want to be fair.)

I've often wondered what people look like who get some sort of perverted satisfaction posting their flawless profiles on as many admissions boards as possible. I hope that, at Harvard, Princeton, Caltech, or whichever school this person decides to attend, he learns that a bit of modesty can go a long way, even in academia.