Could CMU reject me after accepting me?

They already accepted me back in March and all I have to do is provide my final transcript to prove completion of my Bachelors. Well, I completed it and graduated, however, my last semester was truly and frighteningly awful (4 of the 5 courses were not part of my degree, and so I lost focus, especially knowing I was already accepted into a Masters). Could it be possible that they will look at the final transcript and say, "Wow, this guy did really poorly... Let's reject him"

My intuition says absolutely not because 1.) It could begin establish a pretty nasty rep for them, 2.) It's genuinely unfair, 3.) They lose money.

What do you think?

That probably depends if it it affects your GPA adversely. Most schools have a min. GPA and if your overall grade went below that threshold, they might rescind the offer or put you on conditional acceptance/probation etc. I guess it depends on your program.

Well of course it affected my GPA adversely, lol (not funny). But Heinz doesn't seem to have a cut off, and they only indicated that they would need to see my final transcript to verify completion of my undergraduate degree.

But seriously... They can't possibly rescind because of that. I mean, it is all under their discretion, but I would come into their offices and give them a piece of my mind. I took a theoretical mathematics course that students looking to go into a graduate econ or math program take, and I didn't do well... I repeated it, trying to get my GPA up again, but again, didn't do well.

Because I got an acceptance from them early, I committed to them and cannot, at this point, attend some other program I have been accepted into (it is too late to do so now), so I feel that if they rescind their offer, that would be extremely unfair to me... Especially since they did not provide any specific condition for me to meet in order to maintain eligibility for their program, besides just graduating.

Honestly? Yes they have the power to do that. They can alter decisions based upon facts that come to light after April 15th. It is within their rights and abilities.

However, would they? I would say it depends upon previous classes and grades, as well as their standards and tolerance for "senioritis".

Basically, hope for the best and prepare for the worst. You might want to call your admissions officer and tell them before they see it, just to know their reaction without the long wait.

I don't know the exact details of your situation, but my initial impression tells me that you will be okay. You are correct in thinking that the purpose of receiving your final transcript is to verify that you have completed your undergraduate degree, and not necessarily to check to see whether you've kept your grades up.

I would just talk to the Director of Admissions and let him know that you had a rough semester but that you graduated and are looking forward to continuing the success you previously experienced before that last term (or something along those lines). The grades might raise a few eyebrows, but I don't think they'll rescind if you completed your degree. At this point they're just as committed to you as you are to them -- just work with them.

I don't know the exact details of your situation, but my initial impression tells me that you will be okay. You are correct in thinking that the purpose of receiving your final transcript is to verify that you have completed your undergraduate degree, and not necessarily to check to see whether you've kept your grades up.

I would just talk to the Director of Admissions and let him know that you had a rough semester but that you graduated and are looking forward to continuing the success you previously experienced before that last term (or something along those lines). The grades might raise a few eyebrows, but I don't think they'll rescind if you completed your degree. At this point they're just as committed to you as you are to them -- just work with them.

I called them and they told me not to worry about it-- that I have gone above and beyond what they are looking for in terms of quantitative, and that a poor grade in an advanced math course will not change their outlook.

I called them and they told me not to worry about it-- that I have gone above and beyond what they are looking for in terms of quantitative, and that a poor grade in an advanced math course will not change their outlook.

Congrats! Best of luck in the fall at Heinz!