Hey everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA since... erm... forever. Life's been crazy: finished up a criminology course, working, working on an article with a professor from MSU, etc. etc.

Anyhow, I was wondering where everyone decided to go? If I remember right, catrin decided on CUNY: John Jay, but this is the only person I've heard from!

So where are the up-and-coming great minds of criminal justice going for the fall of 2010?

I'll be going to University at Albany, which I'm totally stoked about.

(Also, any of my other cohort fellows here? I heard we have an ALL FEMALE cohort, which is crazy!)

Hey littlegirl!

I was actually rejected from UCI and UCR's programs; the budget fiasco in California has made a nightmare for admissions at state uni's - they only admitted 5 or 6 students, so I probably didn't stand a chance (absent a Master's degree).

Fortunately, I was admitted to Cal State Long Beach's Criminal Justice Master's program. Apparently they only accepted a handful of applicants, as well - but in this case, I was better poised to compete. Anyway, the program is fairly well-respected out here, and half the faculty seem to have graduated from UCI, so perhaps I'll try for UCI again when I'm done.

Anyway, best of luck to you and hopefully we'll all stay in touch.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be at UCI. Brian, I know my cohort is 10 (I think 20 admitted) people and we have at least one person in it from CSULB masters program, so they definitely get students into UCI from there.

Also, some of the UCI candidates sometimes teach classes part time once their funding runs out at CSULB, so maybe you'll get to know some of them as well.

Edited by sba2016

Thanks you too. I'm moving from Mass. My stuff is sitting at my parents in FL and then going to be shipped out to me in CA. So I'm moving about as far as possible, lol. We start at UCI in late September, I think the 23rd or so.

• 10 months later...