Welcome to The GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse

Icon Notices

• [March 2012] February (and January) Stats: Did you make it to the top ten posters? Check here

On Our Way

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 littlegirlvik

littlegirlvik

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Program:UAlbany Criminal Justice

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:53 AM

So, ladies and gents of the up and coming Criminal Justice elite, do you have to move to get to your program for this fall? Do you have a lot of preparations to make? Are you feeling COMPLETELY and totally overwhelmed? How are you doing it?

I've talked to a couple members of my incoming cohort, who are helping me with housing and such, and who I'm hoping to meet and hang out with incredibly soon. But so far, that's all I've got, and I'm TOTALLY overwhelmed! I'm moving from Flint, Michigan to Albany, NY and feel completely unprepared and can't figure out how to find an apartment I can afford/get it furnished/move my things/see the apartment and all that good stuff. I hope everyone else is fairing better!
Applied to: UAlbany, University of Maryland, CUNY: John Jay, Indiana University: Bloomington, MSU, Rutgers Rejected by: University of Maryland
Accepted to: Indiana University, MSU (denied by PhD, referred to and accepted into M.S.), UAlbany, John Jay, Rutgers
Going To: SUNY: UALBANY (Fall 2010 PhD)

#2 arthur1

arthur1

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Program:Criminal Justice

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:53 PM

So, ladies and gents of the up and coming Criminal Justice elite, do you have to move to get to your program for this fall? Do you have a lot of preparations to make? Are you feeling COMPLETELY and totally overwhelmed? How are you doing it?

I've talked to a couple members of my incoming cohort, who are helping me with housing and such, and who I'm hoping to meet and hang out with incredibly soon. But so far, that's all I've got, and I'm TOTALLY overwhelmed! I'm moving from Flint, Michigan to Albany, NY and feel completely unprepared and can't figure out how to find an apartment I can afford/get it furnished/move my things/see the apartment and all that good stuff. I hope everyone else is fairing better!

Hi,
I'm moving from Iowa to East Lansing. I'm not stressing myself out about the move so much, I figure I need to try and relax as much as possible before September. The most stressful part is definetely finding a decent enough place to live, close to campus, affordable, what to take, how to get it there, finding what I need when I do actually get there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users