Recent GRE Experiences

I took the GRE last month. My verbal was a lot harder than online prep test.

Unfortunately I did not score high on the verbal section.

But, I scored 780 on the quantitative section which was surprising. I am not a natural science major at all, but I am

good at math. Growing up in one of Asian countries helped!

Well, quantitative section was easier than the prep test.

I got a verbal experiment test at the end. The instruction clearly stated that it was just an experiment. So I guessed all of my answers and got out there

as soon as possible.

AWA was ridiculous. I got the topic which was super confusing and I bombed it!

I recently took the GRE for the first time (just a few days ago). I got a 720V, 600Q and I'm still waiting for my AWA score. I encountered a clearly marked experimental AWA section after the sections that actually counted. It was the new argument-type of prompt. In an effort to put off seeing my scores a little longer and because I like writing, I didn't mind completing the experimental section (and the possibility of a $250 reward was a decent incentive). When and how are the highest scorers apprised of the results anyway?

• 2 weeks later...

hello there, i gave GRE on 22nd Nov, and got a verbal GRE experimental section, was too exhausted to even bother giving it, so i left the section, as it was clearly stated in the information window that the scores to this section would not count towards actual score.

So left the section, viewed scores, sent the scores to the universities, but today as I logged in the Online Result Viewing site and the scores are not listed, it says "Absent or Not Available"

The universities I selected are still there. is it wiered or it is too early to get the results?? PLZ REPLY ASAP

My two scores were reported on separate lines. I had to add them up myself. And, yes, the scores were reported individually on the official ETS report: 800 Verbal, 770 Quantitative, 5.0 Essay Writing.

hello there, i gave GRE on 22nd Nov, and got a verbal GRE experimental section, was too exhausted to even bother giving it, so i left the section, as it was clearly stated in the information window that the scores to this section would not count towards actual score.

So left the section, viewed scores, sent the scores to the universities, but today as I logged in the Online Result Viewing site and the scores are not listed, it says "Absent or Not Available"

The universities I selected are still there. is it wiered or it is too early to get the results?? PLZ REPLY ASAP

I took the GRE last month. My verbal was a lot harder than online prep test.

Unfortunately I did not score high on the verbal section.

But, I scored 780 on the quantitative section which was surprising. I am not a natural science major at all, but I am

good at math. Growing up in one of Asian countries helped!

Well, quantitative section was easier than the prep test.

I got a verbal experiment test at the end. The instruction clearly stated that it was just an experiment. So I guessed all of my answers and got out there

as soon as possible.

AWA was ridiculous. I got the topic which was super confusing and I bombed it!

hello there, i gave GRE on 22nd Nov, and got a verbal GRE experimental section at the end of the test, was too exhausted to even bother giving it, so i left the section, as it was clearly stated in the information window that the scores to this section would not count towards actual score.

I took it yesterday and had an identified Quantitative at the end. Skipped it, too exhausted. I probably would have done it if it were Verbal, though.

Hi, I took the GRE earlier today. My verbal was easier than expected and I got exactly the same score with the Powerprep practice test. Quantitative section was also O.K and while I had to guess last 4 or 5 questions, I could manage a 780. I had a clearly identified extra AW question but I was so overwhelmed that I could not write more than few sentences. I'm happy that I'm finally done with it.

Hey guys!

I took my GRE's in November, and the experience went like this:

Essay questions were weird and difficult, and I didn't finish one of the essays on time.

Math was easier than on the Powerprep

Verbal was excruciating: On the reading passages, I kept getting science passages about volacanoes and bacteria, and I had to read them over and over again, because I had no idea what they were about. On the other hand, the vocabulary itself was not too difficult.

The whole time I was doing the verbal, I thought I was failing it. But when I got my scores I did fine. My best advice would be-do the powerprep, study algebra and geometry, study vocab lists, and prepare especially hard for the science reading passages.

Alex

• 6 months later...

I just took the GRE in 6/18/2011, yes this morning. My experimental session was an identified analytical writing session on another issue. The timing for it was 30 min unlike the regular analytical writing on an issue topic that was 45 min long. I was exhaustive, but tried it for a cash incentive of $250.

• 2 weeks later...

I took the GRE last night (6/27/11). My experimental section was a half-hour writing section. It was identified, and was the last part of the test. I didn't really want to bother, but was tired enough that I failed at figuring out how to skip it.

I took it this afternoon, and I got a 30-minute writing section. I knew that it wasn't going to be counted, and I knew that if I just clicked "exit" I could immediately see my test scores and leave, but for some reason something in the back of my mind kept telling me that I should do it. Result: Spent another 15 minutes writing up some random shit and left. :D