Ohio state, chemistry PhD.

steelbacks

What are my chances of being accepted into OSU ?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What are my chances of being accepted into OSU ?

• Great
    • Good
    • Fair
    • Poor
    • Bad
    • Don't know

I'm still waiting to hear whether or not i've got into Ohio State and thus I am asking everyone about my chances of getting accepted or not as I've been rejected by the two other uni's that i've applied to. I'm looking at focusing on analytical chemistry more specifically environmental chemistry.

I finished my forth and final year studying forensic science at Anglia Ruskin University (ARU) in Cambridge, to which I received a first in forensic science (which is a roughly equivalent to a 3.7 to 4.0 unweighted GPA). Although the degree was forensic science it was in fact more or less just analytical chemistry.

GRE - 1110

Work experience includes working as a Laboratory Technician in which I utilized ICP-MS and ICP-OES to analyze the metal concentrations within water samples. My current job is working as a sample technician producing prototype catalytic converters.

I'm still waiting to hear whether or not i've got into Ohio State and thus I am asking everyone about my chances of getting accepted or not as I've been rejected by the two other uni's that i've applied to. I'm looking at focusing on analytical chemistry more specifically environmental chemistry.

I finished my forth and final year studying forensic science at Anglia Ruskin University (ARU) in Cambridge, to which I received a first in forensic science (which is a roughly equivalent to a 3.7 to 4.0 unweighted GPA). Although the degree was forensic science it was in fact more or less just analytical chemistry.

GRE - 1110

Work experience includes working as a Laboratory Technician in which I utilized ICP-MS and ICP-OES to analyze the metal concentrations within water samples. My current job is working as a sample technician producing prototype catalytic converters.

Work on that GRE.. You should definitely be about 700 for chemistry.. especially analytical chem. As a foreign applicant, you're competing with approximately 12 billion Indian, Turkish, Pakistani, and Chinese students who have perfect scores for a couple hundred spots, so aim even higher.

Also, you might want to consider a research-based internship to pass the time until the next application season.. technical skills are great, but the admission committees are looking for more than just an automaton. RISE-PRO by DAAD is a particularly cool internship for BS/MS holders.

Edited by prolixity