Students of Sociology!

yin-bodhi

Guest shelly

congrats on officially beginning your graduate education yin! i've started my summer research assistantship and i am really happy with it. most people are gone for the summer, but those who are around are nothing but helpful and supportive. i met the student who will be my mentor in the fall too. and i learned that i will (most likely) have the same office space for the next few years. i've already worked for 3 weeks, so i just have 7 left, then i'll have 2 weeks off before classes start. that's such a short time! i feel much less nervous now that i've had the opportunity to talk to and work with current students here. i think i've made a good choice and i will be happy where i am. :D my husband also found a decent job just 1 week after we moved and he's been working for 2 weeks now. and my dog is happy because there is a dog run and a park very near by. :wink: of course i miss my friends and family from "home" but things are going very well here and i'm happy!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told to start my Ph.D. search NOW since I'll be applying in a year. That's such a weird thought...

My list: Syracuse University, Brown University, University at Buffalo, The University of Chicago, University of Illinois- Chicago, University of Pittsburgh

I'll keep looking.

Well, I can get this M.A. degree in two years (okay, I WILL finish next summer or fall but I am going to get a certificate as well if I can); so that means I have to apply around Fall 2007 for Fall 2008. My concern is having a Master's thesis completed by then... I want to have something real good to show Ph.D. programs.

• 1 year later...
Hello! I was wondering if anyone has heard anything from NYU's sociology department. Their Graduate FAQ claims that they start sending out acceptances/rejections in mid-March, but I was curious if anyone has received a phone call/email.

You may want to try posting this in the Sociology 2008 thread...