Welcome to the GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
joshc618

Sciences Po

81 posts in this topic

To be honest, you would probably have a better sense of dealing with your recommenders than I would. I've never had any difficulty procuring recommendation letters on short notice, especially if they were on file before, but I guess it would depend on your relationship with them. I would just ask politely and see what they say. I can't imagine them saying no. Just be sure to send a nice thank you note/gift afterwards. 

I'll jump in and say scholarships for Americans through the Boutmy program are pretty difficult to procure. My feeling is they believe those funds should be for students coming from the Developing World, who are also charged full tuition as non-EU citizens.

Edited by abusamra

Hi,

I graduated from Sciences Po and PSIA in 2013 and was awarded a Boutmy scholarship. I'm an American and I don't believe your nationality matters that much. Sciences Po takes your financial situation into serious consideration. One thing I do know is that applying at the very beginning of the application cycle significantly raises your probability of receiving a scholarship. Applying late could work against you, but you seem to have a good profile.

Best of luck.

I graduated from Sciences Po and PSIA in 2013 and was awarded a Boutmy scholarship. I'm an American and I don't believe your nationality matters that much. Sciences Po takes your financial situation into serious consideration.

Hey Josh618, what documents did you have to submit re: financial situation?

Anyone have thoughts on my chances having applied March 5, with a March 20 deadline? I didn't realize that the admission was rolling, so I'm not sure if I've screwed myself over on this one. Also, any idea on when I will find out about the decision? The website says up to 3 months?? Should I email them at the end of March, or now for that matter?