Welcome to The GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse

Icon Notices

• [March 2012] February (and January) Stats: Did you make it to the top ten posters? Check here

Sciences Po

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 ef8763a

ef8763a

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

Wow, this is absurd. I am glad I have decided not to go. :)

#62 lecorbeau

lecorbeau

Caffeinated

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

ditto X 100000
Attending: The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva (IHEID)

#63 junebug42

junebug42

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:13 AM

hey...i applied to the psia human rights and humanitarian assistance program back in april. i got an email in mid-may stating that they received my transcripts and letters of recommendation and i was wondering around when i should hear back from them. it's been a really long wait and i'm getting really, really anxious. thanks.

#64 Dibrdobr

Dibrdobr

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

Hi,

I also applied rather late (end of march) and got and email that my application was complete around the 10 may. They informed me two days ago that my application was admissible and that they were going to decide and inform me asap. After I asked them for an approximate date I was told to get a final decision around the end of June.

So I think, as you can read in this thread, they are just really slow. On the other hand they replied quite quickly to my mails so you can also just write or call them to at least get a general idea of where your application is in the whole process right now.

#65 junebug42

junebug42

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:39 AM

wow...that sucks because i need to decide soon whether to take this job offer or not...

well, my academics and credentials weren't impressive at all and considering the large number of applicants, i'll just assume that i wasn't accepted and take the job???

#66 abusamra82

abusamra82

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationParis
  • Program:International Development

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

I've heard from the international alums that admin is hell, but they are mostly very happy they went. It took about a month and a half to get a response when I applied, hang in there!

#67 Dibrdobr

Dibrdobr

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:42 AM

Did you hear anything from Sciences Po by now, junebug?

#68 atlantisliv

atlantisliv

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

I'll be going to Sciences Po later this year.

While my emails to Accueil Administratif have mostly gone unanswered, they've been fantastic over the phone.

Yes, the process is slow and absurdly disorganized, but things do keep moving. Do call them with your concerns; you might find that what's *actually* expected of you or how something is done varies quite a bit with what you read on the website.

#69 Heber Tito

Heber Tito

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

Anyone got any news?

#70 nicolo.d

nicolo.d

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Application Season:2013 Fall
  • Program:psia, sciences po

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

hi

is there any italian student who has been admitted?? i'm planning to apply next year to the master degree in international public management and i need advice on some issues, in particular i would like to have some information on the profile of the average student admitted (which was his average grade at the undergraduate degree, it is necessary to have a working experience to be admitted?, how many references is advisible to have?..). i have read the minimum requirements on sciences po's site but i would like to know which was the situation of people who have been admitted.
any adivice by anyone who has been admitted would be usefull
thanks

#71 invicta

invicta

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Application Season:Not Applicable
  • Program:Social Sciences - Undecided

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

I am interested in a couple of programs here but this news is terrible...I guess the person who applied in the fall and got the Emile scholarship did it right. 

Not sure why so many applied so late in the Spring. What did you expect?!  :wacko: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users