Sciences Po

joshc618

I'll jump in and say scholarships for Americans through the Boutmy program are pretty difficult to procure. My feeling is they believe those funds should be for students coming from the Developing World, who are also charged full tuition as non-EU citizens.

Edited by abusamra

Hi,

I graduated from Sciences Po and PSIA in 2013 and was awarded a Boutmy scholarship. I'm an American and I don't believe your nationality matters that much. Sciences Po takes your financial situation into serious consideration. One thing I do know is that applying at the very beginning of the application cycle significantly raises your probability of receiving a scholarship. Applying late could work against you, but you seem to have a good profile.

Best of luck.

I graduated from Sciences Po and PSIA in 2013 and was awarded a Boutmy scholarship. I'm an American and I don't believe your nationality matters that much. Sciences Po takes your financial situation into serious consideration.

Hey Josh618, what documents did you have to submit re: financial situation?

Anyone have thoughts on my chances having applied March 5, with a March 20 deadline? I didn't realize that the admission was rolling, so I'm not sure if I've screwed myself over on this one. Also, any idea on when I will find out about the decision? The website says up to 3 months?? Should I email them at the end of March, or now for that matter?

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2015 at 5:29 PM, joshc618 said:

Hi,

I graduated from Sciences Po and PSIA in 2013 and was awarded a Boutmy scholarship. I'm an American and I don't believe your nationality matters that much. Sciences Po takes your financial situation into serious consideration. One thing I do know is that applying at the very beginning of the application cycle significantly raises your probability of receiving a scholarship. Applying late could work against you, but you seem to have a good profile.

Best of luck.

Hello,

I'm an American that was recently accepted for an MPP in the School of Public Affairs for 2019 and granted the Boutmy as well. 

What has your experience been like post-graduation? I know our programs/schools aren't the same, but I'm curious to know how an education at Sciences Po translates generally in the US vs internationally.

Hi culturalpolicy,

My experience has been fine since graduating. Within the circles of large int'l orgs and very international companies (if you go to SP you'll end up working in either) people know Sciences Po. But honestly after 2 years people aren't asking what graduate school you went to in interviews.. Good luck!

@culturalpolicy It's definitely a great start for an international career. Most of my peers ended up at the OECD, UN, World Bank, and large multinationals. Although the alumni network has historically been very French, the creation of PSIA and its alumni have diversified the network.