Fulbright-Hays DDRA 2010-2011

LisaRog

Just wanted to share this news, in case it might be of use to someone out there.

It seems that IIE is conducting a "second round" of reviews, so to speak. I was left out in the "initial round" because my discipline is political science. They flat-out told me that political science is not an approved field by Mellon. Then, out of blue, about four days ago, I received an email from IIE saying that they wanted to review my original F-H DDRA application, and wanted me to forward them a copy. Needless to say, I happily obliged, and today I got the good news.

I'm not so sure why/how this is happening, since their process seems to be impossibly non-transparent. Maybe they had some outstanding funds. At any rate, perhaps those of you who were left out in the first round like me want to get in touch with IIE. Just a thought...

congrats Chogwae! I was also contacted last week and sent in my DDRA app. Still waiting...Did you hear from IIE directly or did they contact your FPA? My guy is not the most reliable.

Here's my guess. Some of the applicants that got forwarded to IIE had already been awarded Fulbrights. While the F-H may be a better offer, they couldn't take it if they'd already accepted the Fulbright money by buying the plane ticket for their award. So, then IIE probably decided to get more names in so they could award all the money the Mellon Foundation has been given.

Hi folks!

For those of you who have received this year's fellowship, how are you listing it? For example, a previous poster referred to it as a Mellon-infused F-H. However, in the paperwork and the press release from IIE, they are listed as "IIE Graduate Fellowships for International Study with funding from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation." Are this year's fellows not considered official F-H recipients? If so, that's a real shame. On my CV, I'm listing the award as the F-H DDRA Fellowship program, funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and administered as a IIE Graduate Research Fellowship. Anyone think that doing so is in any way disingenuous? How are others listing the award? Other comments?

Thanks!

Hiya!

My use of the term of "mellon-infused" was a bit of a joke. I like it because it sounds like a sports drink ad.

On my CV, I put "the IIE Graduate Fellowship for International Study (Formerly, Fulbright-Hays DDRA)." Right after, I have a statement about Mellon funding.

I know my eyes would immediately dart towards the "Fulbright-Hays" section if I was reading it.

Hi folks!

For those of you who have received this year's fellowship, how are you listing it? For example, a previous poster referred to it as a Mellon-infused F-H. However, in the paperwork and the press release from IIE, they are listed as "IIE Graduate Fellowships for International Study with funding from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation." Are this year's fellows not considered official F-H recipients? If so, that's a real shame. On my CV, I'm listing the award as the F-H DDRA Fellowship program, funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and administered as a IIE Graduate Research Fellowship. Anyone think that doing so is in any way disingenuous? How are others listing the award? Other comments?

Thanks!