Recommender's Title

mmm

When submitting recommender info, there's a space for "Title" -- I assume this is for Professor, Associate Professor, etc.

Two questions regarding this:

1. Should I list a title and subject -- i.e. Professor of Sociology -- or just the title -- i.e. Professor?

2. One of my LOR writers is both a full professor and the director of my university's Honors Program. There's not space on the app to list both (Director and Professor). Is it obvious that anyone who is directing an Honors program must be a full prof? Or should I take the safe route and simply list him as Professor? I imagine he'll mention in his letter that he knows me through his direction of the program, etc.

1. Should I list a title and subject -- i.e. Professor of Sociology -- or just the title -- i.e. Professor?

I listed "Professor of ___" or "Assistant Professor of ___." I think it's helpful so that the AdCom knows what field your letter writer is in.

2. One of my LOR writers is both a full professor and the director of my university's Honors Program. There's not space on the app to list both (Director and Professor). Is it obvious that anyone who is directing an Honors program must be a full prof? Or should I take the safe route and simply list him as Professor? I imagine he'll mention in his letter that he knows me through his direction of the program, etc.

I would leave out the director title. I would assume your letter writer will mention this in his letter (probably below his name and signature).