Welcome to The GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse

Icon Notices

• [March 2012] February (and January) Stats: Did you make it to the top ten posters? Check here

Anyone attending CMU?... Need some help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rs_nucl

rs_nucl

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Program:Mechanical Engineering

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:22 PM

Hi Guys

I am joining CMU in the spring semester. Have been searching for an apartment online. I found a few apartments that looked nice:

1) Hempstead Properties
2) Walnut on the Park
3) Hobart Court

All three are manged by Walnut Capital. I was wondering if any of these would be good choices. It seems that they will be about 2 miles from Scaife Hall. I think all of them are close to schenley park .Is the shuttle service quite regular in these parts? I dont mind walking that distance either, if the roads are kept clear.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by rs_nucl, 11 November 2010 - 03:23 PM.

#2 Fjac

Fjac

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA
  • Program:Japanese

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:47 PM

The bus schedules are kind of a pain at first, but you'll get used to them. As for the apartments, I don't know a whole lot about them. I can tell you that I found a lot of available houses at this site if your on the fence about the others:

http://www.rentjungle.com/

I found my place through here, so I just thought I'd let you know in case your options don't work out, as is sometimes the case. Happy hunting!

#3 rs_nucl

rs_nucl

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Program:Mechanical Engineering

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:00 AM

Thanks

The bus schedules are kind of a pain at first, but you'll get used to them. As for the apartments, I don't know a whole lot about them. I can tell you that I found a lot of available houses at this site if your on the fence about the others:

http://www.rentjungle.com/

I found my place through here, so I just thought I'd let you know in case your options don't work out, as is sometimes the case. Happy hunting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users