Is it best to title the SOP "Statement of Purpose" or is it best to come up with a creative title? Thoughts please. Thanks.

-Nilani

NO CREATIVE TITLES FOR A SOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine did not have any title. It only had a header where I put "Statement of purpose -- Strange Fox -- name of a program".

Edited by Strangefox

Is it best to title the SOP "Statement of Purpose" or is it best to come up with a creative title? Thoughts please. Thanks.

yeah, don't put any title on your SoP. it might not be a terrible idea to have a header as the above post says, but unless the SoP needs be turned in as a separate file, i wouldn't worry about this either. generally, your whole application, including the SoP, is printed as a single file. if you are using paper application, print the SoP question on a cover page and the essay on remaining page(s) (again, with no title on the top of the essay).

generally, your whole application, including the SoP, is printed as a single file.

You are right but as soon as it is printed out its pages can easily get mixed with someone else's application so I believe it is safer to put a header on each page for them to see whose application is that and what part of the application (writing sample, SOP) this exact page belongs to :)