GRE "information does not match our records"

Yuri_Gagarin

Hi all,

I took the GRE on 26 November 2010 and since then, everytime I try to access my scores online there is the same message:

Important Message

The information you provided does not match our records. Please try again

The registration number is ok (Copy and paste cannot make a mistake)

The date is Ok, and damn, the email is ok too.

¿Did it happen to you?

Thanks.

Edited by Yuri_Gagarin

On my documents, the registration number has a dash. On the website, you have to enter it without the dash. Could that be it? Also, I would type it. Sometimes copy/paste messes things up by catching a random space or some other formatting item.

On my documents, the registration number has a dash. On the website, you have to enter it without the dash. Could that be it? Also, I would type it. Sometimes copy/paste messes things up by catching a random space or some other formatting item.

Of course I've already tried typing the numbers myself and it makes no difference.

On my number there is no dash, just a 16 digit string.

What can go wrong?

I can't believe it. Arent we in the Internet age? You take a test on their facilities, they record you with a video camera, they take a photo of you, they ask you stupid questions... and are they incapable of providing a fucking score of a test that I took 15 days ago?

Unbelievable.

On my score sheet the registration number is a 7 digit number with a dash. Is the confirmation number the longer one? I couldn't imagine it would let you enter a number with more digits than it wants though. Call them I guess.

yeah, it should be a 7 digit code near the bottom of the GRE sheet. and you need to enter it without the dash. perhaps you are mistaking the email conformation number for the registration number? you can always call the ETS or Prometric to retrieve your number.

Hi all,

I took the GRE on 26 November 2010 and since then, everytime I try to access my scores online there is the same message:

¿Did it happen to you?

Thanks.

You might have to wait a few more days. My score didn't show up until about 15 days after my test. This is probably a high volume period for them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

¿Did it happen to you?

Thanks.

Hello Decaf,

I have the same problem as yours. Did you find any solution. I took the test on Dec 20, 2010. And whenever I want to see the scores I get this fuc**** msg.

It can't be because the result isn't published yet, because my other friends says that when they tried to view their result when their result wasn't published, they would not see any such message but would see blank spaces in place of scores. (eg. Verbal ..... , Quantitative .... , Analytic ...... )

In my case i suspect an issue... when I registered for GRE with Prometric I did not have a GRE account (ETS says it isn't required either). So I registered with Prometric, with "S.M Masud" as my first name. As you can see my first name is weird, it has a dot and a space in it. NOW, when I was trying to create a GRE account, ETS doesn't allow space and dots, so I can't create GRE account with the same first name. So maybe that is my problem. I do not know if you have similar problem or not.

Anyway, did you get any solution? I am afraid I have to fix it real soon cause the deadlines are very near (by Jan 15) and I need urgently to order additional scores.

Thank You

Hello Decaf,

I have the same problem as yours. Did you find any solution. I took the test on Dec 20, 2010. And whenever I want to see the scores I get this fuc**** msg.

It can't be because the result isn't published yet, because my other friends says that when they tried to view their result when their result wasn't published, they would not see any such message but would see blank spaces in place of scores. (eg. Verbal ..... , Quantitative .... , Analytic ...... )

In my case i suspect an issue... when I registered for GRE with Prometric I did not have a GRE account (ETS says it isn't required either). So I registered with Prometric, with "S.M Masud" as my first name. As you can see my first name is weird, it has a dot and a space in it. NOW, when I was trying to create a GRE account, ETS doesn't allow space and dots, so I can't create GRE account with the same first name. So maybe that is my problem. I do not know if you have similar problem or not.

Anyway, did you get any solution? I am afraid I have to fix it real soon cause the deadlines are very near (by Jan 15) and I need urgently to order additional scores.

Thank You

I took my exam Dec. 16 and all the results are online already, so I'm guessing those who took it earlier than me should be up too. I had the same problem at first also, but then I found out that I typed in my name wrong. I have 2 first names, both of which appear on my license (which I used for ID), so when I registered, I have to put my name exactly as it appeared on my license. IF this is the case for you (you have 2 first names or 2 last names), you need to register with BOTH names- no dash or space, with the first letter of each part capitalized.

Example, if your name is Bob Henry Smith, you need to register (on the ETS website to view your scores) as BobHenry Smith.

If your name is John Smith-Hilton, you need to register as John SmithHilton.

Hope this helps!

Edited by cherubie

• 2 years later...

I will reopen this thread to post some new information.

I waited to check my scores online until I recieved an e-mail notification that they were ready for viewing (about 15 days after I took the test). Thereupon I attemped to got the same "the information provided does not...blah blah blah" that other users have noted.

I sent an e-mail, as the ETS site instructed me to in case I could not view my scores, but to no avail.

I called ETS, and the problem was that long ago (4 years) I had taken the computer based GRE, and the account I created for this messed up the system. In general, creating multiple accounts seems to be one cause of this error. The ETS operator merged and reset my accounts, and the problem was solved.

In short, if this happens to you, call ETS and don't panic. They will most likely fix it.

Edited by altermunster

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem as altermunster, emailed them with as much information as I had about both tests, and they fixed it in a couple of days-- it was no big deal.

I found ETS pretty accessible for website problems, I'd really recommend anyone having problems just send them a polite email with the details about your testing dates.