TPP @ MIT - fall 2011

applicant

Something worth noting -- often unsuccessful applications to Ph.D. programs in ESD are forwarded to ESD Masters programs for consideration, including TPP. This would suggest that ESD Ph.D. admission committees need to go through their applications a bit before TPP can finalize their decisions. So the admissions timeline is not "contained" within TPP so to speak; they might be waiting on other parts of ESD to review their own applications first.

I didnt know this. Thx!

Something worth noting -- often unsuccessful applications to Ph.D. programs in ESD are forwarded to ESD Masters programs for consideration, including TPP. This would suggest that ESD Ph.D. admission committees need to go through their applications a bit before TPP can finalize their decisions. So the admissions timeline is not "contained" within TPP so to speak; they might be waiting on other parts of ESD to review their own applications first.

Masters. Though if somehow I got accepted into TPP, I would consider scoping out the Ph.D. program (TMP) and maybe try to transfer in after a year. I think their website says a handful of people do that every year.

But of course thats all thinking way too far ahead at this point !

same with me, I applied for Masters and I would be happiest if I got in. I'll think about the next step if I get in but TMP does seem like a very good option as well :)

Masters. Though if somehow I got accepted into TPP, I would consider scoping out the Ph.D. program (TMP) and maybe try to transfer in after a year. I think their website says a handful of people do that every year.

But of course thats all thinking way too far ahead at this point !

nope, haven't called them.

btw what're your other options besides TPP? ( Or how many schools have you tried )

I'm trying for around 12, got 3 positive (without funding), one negative so far. Really hope TPP can help with the funding.

Edited by thefugu

If you get into TPP, you will find full funding through an RA position. At the Open House in October I think they said 99% of students are fully funded (tuition + ~$2200 per month for living)

nope, haven't called them.

btw what're your other options besides TPP? ( Or how many schools have you tried )

I'm trying for around 12, got 3 positive (without funding), one negative so far. Really hope TPP can help with the funding.

Edited by asiddiq