Anthropology 2011

a fragrant plant

Some of you on this forum may remember me. Yes it's my second round this year! I've already had 2 offers so this year certainly looks brighter for me! I would love to hear from fellow anthro applicants and of course, from those who so generously shared their thoughts with me last year. Let me know how you get on with your first quarter/semester!

Some of you on this forum may remember me. Yes it's my second round this year! I've already had 2 offers so this year certainly looks brighter for me! I would love to hear from fellow anthro applicants and of course, from those who so generously shared their thoughts with me last year. Let me know how you get on with your first quarter/semester!

WOW~~~ Congratulations! I remember you didn't go to Indiana last year. I applied to two anthropology (including UC Santa Cruz again) and 5 Women's studies program this year. I already got an unofficial offer from U of Minnesota. Good luck to everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

How is possible that you already have two offers? Are they for fall, 2011? Can you mention which programs have you got your offers? Lucky you! I am so stressed out this year that I can hardly focus on my simple like activities,

WOW~~~ Congratulations! I remember you didn't go to Indiana last year. I applied to two anthropology (including UC Santa Cruz again) and 5 Women's studies program this year. I already got an unofficial offer from U of Minnesota. Good luck to everyone.

I also got an offer from the University of Minnesota just a few days ago! And I also applied for UCSC haha.

Has anyone heard back from Emory for Anthropology? I keep checking the results page but there are no posts there yet. I'm just dying to know because they should be sending out invites for interviews around now.

Has anyone heard back from Emory for Anthropology? I keep checking the results page but there are no posts there yet. I'm just dying to know because they should be sending out invites for interviews around now.

Same boat- haven't heard anything from Emory. Crossing my fingers I get an interview.

Really? Me too! Unfortunately, my POI said that the funds may not come through to fly me down for an interview. Seems like skype might be my best option for an interview. I applied to CUNY as well, but for EEB. However, the main guy I want to work with at CUNY is in NYCEP as well. Are you combining your CUNY interview with your NYU interview? That sounds like a pretty good plan. If CUNY gives me an offer, it might make it easier for me to come down to NY for an interview since both schools could split the bill...

I got a phone convo with my POI at NYU; I will be flying to NYC for interviews at NYU and CUNY (I am a NYCEP applicant)

I got an interview by webcam for Penn State.

I know UF and UPenn do not do interviews

Really? Me too! Unfortunately, my POI said that the funds may not come through to fly me down for an interview. Seems like skype might be my best option for an interview. I applied to CUNY as well, but for EEB. However, the main guy I want to work with at CUNY is in NYCEP as well. Are you combining your CUNY interview with your NYU interview? That sounds like a pretty good plan. If CUNY gives me an offer, it might make it easier for me to come down to NY for an interview since both schools could split the bill...

The professor at CUNY used to a be a student of the professor at NYU, so they have a well established relationship. I don't know who is footing the bill, all I know is that they are working on getting me a flight and if I get one, both universities will be interviewing me.

Edited by Deven