2011 Applications

NadaJ

Has anyone received the formal admission letter from the Graduated Division of UCLA? I got the admission letter via Email on March 30th, but I still have not heard anything from the graduate division...

I haven't yet, either and I heard in April. Apparently some should be sent out tomorrow. I'm more worried about financial aid at this point. Haven't heard a peep. I can't believe it's taken UCLA five months to get back to me...

I haven't yet, either and I heard in April. Apparently some should be sent out tomorrow. I'm more worried about financial aid at this point. Haven't heard a peep. I can't believe it's taken UCLA five months to get back to me...

when did you hear in april? because i spoke to lance last week, and he mentioned they were processing applications that were "held up" for one reason or another. of course, mine is in there =/

Do not worry if you havent heard from the graduate division yet. Lance said that the grad division approves everyone they school accepts. It is more of a formality. They just need to make sure everyone meets the minimum requirements to attend UCLA, and the programs minimum prerecs are much higher.

If you havent heard from financial aid then it means that you didnt get any fellowships. They will send you a form telling you what loans you are eligible for.

Someone started a facebook page where people in the same boat as you have been posting concerns. Just search for "ucla msw 2013"

I have yet to be accepted... however, I do know that your FA will cover all of your tuition. CSU's are not expensive... you will have money leftover... How long did it take you to receive your acceptance???

It might have been a month and half to two months. I cannot recall the date I submitted my application but I am sure sometime in February. I received an admission letter dated on April 13th and was told to submit a Statement of Commitment form by April 29th.

Edited by cdinh007

I actually hadn't looked until you asked, but they are offering nearly 4x what tuition is supposed to be for the year.

Wow.. nice! Unfortunately, I cannot say the same. Is that including loans or just grant(s)? I received enough aid to cover only mandatory fees. I might have to take out a loan to cover the rest.

Edited by cdinh007

It might have been a month and half to two months. I cannot recall the date I submitted my application but I am sure sometime in February. I received an admission letter dated on April 13th and was told to submit a Statement of Commitment form by April 29th.

Okay - that brings me more hope... I turned in my app on the very last day possible. If you turned yours in the month February and received your acceptance in April, my acceptance must be on its way...

Wow.. nice! Unfortunately, I cannot say the same. Is that including loans or just grant(s)? I received enough aid to cover only mandatory fees. I might have to take out a loan to cover the rest.

Oh, I must have misunderstood what you were asking. I thought when you asked about "aid" that meant loans as well. I was ONLY offered loans, no grants. I was expecting that, however. I will be working full time while going to grad school, which is why I chose the 4-year option.

Oh, I must have misunderstood what you were asking. I thought when you asked about "aid" that meant loans as well. I was ONLY offered loans, no grants. I was expecting that, however. I will be working full time while going to grad school, which is why I chose the 4-year option.

I do not think government grant programs are available in graduate school (Cal State)... I believe they only offer department level and graduate department level scholarships... or the stipend programs.

@Jenners/cdinh007 - did your portal change to accepted under application status prior to receiving your acceptance letter?

Edited by MSW Bound

I do not think government grant programs are available in graduate school (Cal State)... I believe they only offer department level and graduate department level scholarships... or the stipend programs.

@Jenners/cdinh007 - did your portal change to accepted under application status prior to receiving your acceptance letter?

Just a quick note......I was accepted to a cal state and they gave me a university grant (after I completed FAFSA) that covers practically all my tuition. But a different cal state I was accepted to gave me only loans, no grants. Good luck :)

I didn't check the portal frequently, but the day I got my acceptance letter I checked it and it had changed by then.

I didn't check the portal frequently, but the day I got my acceptance letter I checked it and it had changed by then.

Thank you, Jenners... I was able to get some good information from the admissions department. Looks like I will probably have to wait until the end of May to get my results. SMH

Sorry, I only realized my application status has changed when my niece told me I have received a letter from CSUDH.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there anyone else still waiting to hear from CSUDH?

My husband is still waiting to hear back from CSUDH. He applied at the deadline and their response time keeps getting longer... he called last week and they told him that he would hear by the end of July.

Has anyone on the wait-list at University of Washington heard anything?

I was also waited listed at UW for advanced standing. My understanding is if you haven't heard by now, it's probably not going to happen. They notify everyone in July if you didn't make it off the wait list, regardless of how long you've been waiting.

• 1 month later...

I will be attending California State University, Dominguez Hills for my MSW. If you're planning to attend here as well, join the facebook page. Search CSUDH MSW 2011 Cohort or http://www.facebook....8131871132?ap=1

Yes, I will also start in the fall. smile.gif I don't know if you have seen yet or not, but there are a couple facebook pages for the program: "CSUDH MSW Students" and "California State University Dominguez Hills, MSW Program." The first one hasn't had much recent activity, and the second seems to have announcements and whatnot.