2011 Applications

NadaJ

I just checked my email and saw an email from the school I applied to and my heart made a big thud - then I realized I had requested my password coz I had forgotten it. LOL. Crazymaking.

Not crazy at all! I would have probably yelped or jumped out of my chair or some other dramatic stunt. I jump every time I see the school I applied to, the program I applied to, or any school I even looked at over the past 6 months, appear on the results page. That's crazy.

oh god. youguys have no idea. i applied to cal and uw. (i'm currently living in seattle). I go from being in absolute despair and feeling hopeful multiple times a day. I seriously need a therapy or something.. lol!

Hang in there! I totally understand the feeling and have the same fluctuations in outlook. The not knowing is the worst part of it, I'm sure.

Waiting is driving nuts. Could barely concentrate at work (it involves a lot of writing) and finding myself either daydreaming or despair-ing. Having a smart phone doesn't help. I check my email mulitple times even when driving. :-( I want this agony to end!!!

I am in the same boat as many of y'all... I've only applied to UChicago/SSA's MSW/PhD program and the fellowship to remain at The Family Institute for another two years. I'm really expecting not to get either, but so nervous to hear!

New to this forum, and wanted to see how everyone's apps are going!

I am sending out my application to VCU today, is anyone else applying there? I have seen hardly anyone on discussion boards who plans to go there.

I am also finishing up my NYU app. It is my first choice, but the price tag to match is intimidating!

Is anyone else excited that tomorrow is February??

YES! I am supposed to receive an early admission decision packet "by the beginning of February"... so of course I have been watching the mailbox like a hawk for the last few days!

LOL. I know the feeling. BU said I should receive my acceptance letter and financial aid package within two weeks. Wednesday will be two weeks. I thought two weeks sound like a joke and would receive it in a few days...nope...they really meant two weeks. I'm starting to think it will never arrive.

New to this forum, and wanted to see how everyone's apps are going!

I am sending out my application to VCU today, is anyone else applying there? I have seen hardly anyone on discussion boards who plans to go there.

I am also finishing up my NYU app. It is my first choice, but the price tag to match is intimidating!

I submitted my online application to VCU today and the supplemental materials last week! It's not my top choice because I'm really looking for a city with reliable public transportation, but it has a great rep and I'm in-state, so that part's appealing.

Finishing touches on NYU and Hunter College applications tonight. I applied to 9 schools, so it's been a lot of time and money! So nervous/excited to hear back.

I'm thinking, "Reject me already!!!" I'd rather know that I'm rejected than having to wait forever!

Don't think like that! Think instead... they are deliberating on how much of a scholarship they would like to offer me! :)

Hello All

Applied to 7 CSU's and 2 UC's MSW programs.

called SFSU, they said around 450 applied, 30 will be accepted

UCLA said over 400 applied MSW, 100 total will be accepted (both MSW, Phd)

Berkely said I should be hearing their dicision soon since I applied for the gerontology concentration.

Probably won't hear from CSU for 2 months,

Waiting.........

Hello All

Applied to 7 CSU's and 2 UC's MSW programs.

called SFSU, they said around 450 applied, 30 will be accepted

UCLA said over 400 applied MSW, 100 total will be accepted (both MSW, Phd)

Berkely said I should be hearing their dicision soon since I applied for the gerontology concentration.

Probably won't hear from CSU for 2 months,

Waiting.........

YOU CALLED ALL OF THEM??? I wonder if I should call them too...

Got to love how SFSU has a 7% admittance rate. That app was a waste of time...I wouldn't be surprised if more than 450 actually applied. They had said at their info session that over 700 people applied last year.

Good news is that it is the end of the week and February is a short month!