Which universities accept low GPA into Masters Program

Hi I am a software engineer and unfortunately I have a low undergrad GPA, , by low I mean really low a 2.2 ... Now I know its really bad and my self esteem is really low these days.. I wanted to get into a graduate program (MS) in the US as an international student. Since i had such a low GPA i was told that having experience in this field would help.. I have about 3 years of software development experience in Multinational Software houses.What i really want is to do a Phd. The way i am planning is to get into a 2nd tier or even a 3rd tier university that would accept me for the fall Semester 2011... Are there any universities that might be willing to at least consider my application...

Hi I am a software engineer and unfortunately I have a low undergrad GPA, , by low I mean really low a 2.2 ... Now I know its really bad and my self esteem is really low these days.. I wanted to get into a graduate program (MS) in the US as an international student. Since i had such a low GPA i was told that having experience in this field would help.. I have about 3 years of software development experience in Multinational Software houses.What i really want is to do a Phd. The way i am planning is to get into a 2nd tier or even a 3rd tier university that would accept me for the fall Semester 2011... Are there any universities that might be willing to at least consider my application...

I need more information to be able to help you here (e.g., your area of interest, research exp, GRE, funding preference). Generally, your experience will help your chance if it pertains to the area of interest you want to pursue. So, your industry experience will help you if your area of interest is software engineering. Although, --I hate to say this to you-- I am not sure if your experience will be able to alleviate your UG GPA. How about taking night classes/non-degree classes? If you do great on them, you can show the adcomm that you can do well in classes..

I need more information to be able to help you here (e.g., your area of interest, research exp, GRE, funding preference). Generally, your experience will help your chance if it pertains to the area of interest you want to pursue. So, your industry experience will help you if your area of interest is software engineering. Although, --I hate to say this to you-- I am not sure if your experience will be able to alleviate your UG GPA. How about taking night classes/non-degree classes? If you do great on them, you can show the adcomm that you can do well in classes..

Area of Interest : Data Mining

GRE Score : 1180 (730 - Quant)

Funding : Not an issue

Well if there is no other way then i'll have to take the night classes... But there must be some universities there.. What is the criteria for international students ?? I know if i get in I could do really really well..

You may want to check this out: http://3dpancakes.typepad.com/ernie/2005/03/re_phd_with_low.html

It's a writeup by a prof at UIUC. He got a low GPA, but was able to go to UC Irvine for an M.S and UC Berkeley for his PhD (cmiiw). I thought his story may inspire you :)

I'd suggest you to apply top 60ish program and do research like crazy :). Once you get those papers out, you'll have a much better chance.