1. Georgia Tech for MS/PhD

2. Purdue for MS

3. Princeton for MS/PhD

4. Cornell for MS/PhD

and in transportation department of

1. MIT for MS/PhD

2. UC Berkeley for MS/PhD

3. UIUC for MS/PhD

Anyone having idea if they have got any confirmation ?

Hey! I applied in Transpo for Berkeley and MIT -- no word yet.

Hey everybody, I wish everyone the best of luck!

I am currently an undergraduate Structural Engineering student at Purdue and am applying to MS programs in SE as well.

I applied to Illinois, Texas, Washington, Minnesota, and UC Davis.

My "stats" are a 3.77 gpa and a 3.81 program gpa. I got a 800 Q / 460 V / 4.0 W. I am an American student, and find it hilariously embarassing that foreign students seem to always do better on the verbal portion of the GRE. Anyways, I should have 3 solid LORs and my Statement of Purpose I'm sure will be acceptable. The only thing that makes me nervous is that I don't have any quality research experience.

Anyways, I'm trying to be patient, but I'm ready to find out my results. I want to know where I'll be next year. Hurry up schools!

Not an admit, but I was invited to the recruiting weekend for UIUC Civil (Structural) Engineering Feb 24-27. I'm thinking that sense I got this my chances of being accepted are fairly high! They also asked me to list 3 profs I would like to talk & have an interview with in my RSVP.

Edited by Joesh

Hey everyone,

I just got a call from Lehigh University with an unofficial acceptance and a notification that I've been nominated for a fellowship--we should know within a few weeks whether I get it or not. Sweet. This week has been awesome so far with two acceptances. I have absolutely no motivation to get my current work done. I really need to finish my MS thesis before I move onto my PhD stuff haha. I should focus on graduating and spend less time obsessing over next fall and constantly refreshing this post and the results search.

I hope today and next week everyone in this thread hears back positive decisions from their schools!

Beyond elated,

-phunky

Not an admit, but I was invited to the recruiting weekend for UIUC Civil (Structural) Engineering Feb 24-27. I'm thinking that sense I got this my chances of being accepted are fairly high! They also asked me to list 3 profs I would like to talk & have an interview with in my RSVP.

Joesh, this is great news! I hope that I am invited to visiting weekends in the near future. I think these little recruiting events are the key factors in helping me decide which school to attend. Actually meeting face to face with people and seeing the facilities first-hand are invaluable. Hopefully you'll get to visit some labs and meet with some prospective research/academic advisors. Let us know how it goes!!

Hey everyone,

I just got a call from Lehigh University with an unofficial acceptance and a notification that I've been nominated for a fellowship--we should know within a few weeks whether I get it or not. Sweet. This week has been awesome so far with two acceptances. I have absolutely no motivation to get my current work done. I really need to finish my MS thesis before I move onto my PhD stuff haha. I should focus on graduating and spend less time obsessing over next fall and constantly refreshing this post and the results search.

I hope today and next week everyone in this thread hears back positive decisions from their schools!

Beyond elated,

-phunky

Congratulations phunky! Things are looking good for you!

I really do hope to hear something in the next couple of weeks. Waiting is killing me...

Congratulations phunky! Things are looking good for you!

I really do hope to hear something in the next couple of weeks. Waiting is killing me...

Well no good news on friday, wait continues till next week!

BTW, are we only few people who applied either in structural or transportation?

Well no good news on friday, wait continues till next week!

BTW, are we only few people who applied either in structural or transportation?

I doubt it... a lot of my friends had never heard of thegradcafe.

Anyways, I decided to join the fun and post my stats too...

Masters GPA: 3.78

UGPA: 3.42

Grad Major: Civil Engineering (Transportation)

Undergrad Major/Major: Mathematics/PoliSci (I went to a reputable women's college)

GRE: 750/440/4.5 (I'm super bad at standardized tests)

American female

3 LORS, research experience, no publications

Applying for Transportation PhD

I doubt it... a lot of my friends had never heard of thegradcafe.

Anyways, I decided to join the fun and post my stats too...

Masters GPA: 3.78

UGPA: 3.42

Grad Major: Civil Engineering (Transportation)

Undergrad Major/Major: Mathematics/PoliSci (I went to a reputable women's college)

GRE: 750/440/4.5 (I'm super bad at standardized tests)

American female

3 LORS, research experience, no publications

Applying for Transportation PhD

Another American chick? Cool! We need to stick together--we are very few and far between in our fields. And I would venture to guess that we are small fraction of those applying to CE grad schools.

I heard some news from Vanderbilt yesterday. I should be getting my official acceptance in the mail soon but I've been accepted (with a nice chunk of $$, too), apparently! I refuse to put it up in my signature until it's official! I am so overwhelmed at this point but want to know the rest of my admission decisions NOW. Come on Boulder and Princeton. Boulder=my dream school and I will be super devastated if I don't get in. Anyone else hear anything yesterday?

Another American chick? Cool! We need to stick together--we are very few and far between in our fields. And I would venture to guess that we are small fraction of those applying to CE grad schools.

I heard some news from Vanderbilt yesterday. I should be getting my official acceptance in the mail soon but I've been accepted (with a nice chunk of $, too), apparently! I refuse to put it up in my signature until it's official! I am so overwhelmed at this point but want to know the rest of my admission decisions NOW. Come on Boulder and Princeton. Boulder=my dream school and I will be super devastated if I don't get in. Anyone else hear anything yesterday?

How do you define the "dream school" ??

How do you define the "dream school" ??

I've wanted to move to CO for a few years now. It just seems like a good fit for me. So maybe it's not an out of reach/super high ranked dream school, but more like something I've been thinking a lot about and I would be crushed if I didn't have the opportunity to go there. Besides, the department is huge and I feel like there's a lot going on. It just feels right.

Have you mentioned any interest area in Structural Engineering? Chances varies with interest areas. Like mine are Structural Health Monitoring (SHM), Fire Resistance Structures.

I'm interested in shm too but moreso the evaluation part. Vibration based system assessment and damaged detection are rockin. I love anything structural dynamics related. I'm looking to get more involved with seismic risk mitigation and reliablity engineering. Pretty much anything along those lines as my research topic would make happy.

Ga tech's visiting day is march 11. Just received information about that today.

Just got accepted to UIUC, via e-mail.

"Decisions regarding assistantships and other forms offinancial aid are still pending. We will notify you if a funding offer is made. If you do not hear anything, then your admission offer does not include funding."

Time to shine at that recruiting weekend!

Edited by Joesh

Just got accepted to UIUC, via e-mail.

"Decisions regarding assistantships and other forms offinancial aid are still pending. We will notify you if a funding offer is made. If you do not hear anything, then your admission offer does not include funding."

Time to shine at that recruiting weekend!

Congrats Joesh! I have my fingers crossed for a good funding package for you!!

I have just seen on the "Results List" that UC Berkeley has started to send some rejections, and not bad students precisely:

UC BerkeleyCivil & Environmental Engineering (CEM), MS, Masters (F11)Rejected via E-mail on 9 Feb 2011I9 Feb 2011GPA : 3.9/4.0, GRE 1520/5.0, It's hard to believe....UC Berkeley // Civil & Environmental Engineering (CEM), MS, Masters (F11) // Rejected via E-mail on 9 Feb 2011// I // 9 Feb 2011 // GPA : 3.9/4.0, GRE 1520/5.0, It's hard to believe....

Good luck for everyone, and for me.

I have just seen on the "Results List" that UC Berkeley has started to send some rejections, and not bad students precisely:

UC BerkeleyCivil & Environmental Engineering (CEM), MS, Masters (F11)Rejected via E-mail on 9 Feb 2011I9 Feb 2011GPA : 3.9/4.0, GRE 1520/5.0, It's hard to believe....UC Berkeley // Civil & Environmental Engineering (CEM), MS, Masters (F11) // Rejected via E-mail on 9 Feb 2011// I // 9 Feb 2011 // GPA : 3.9/4.0, GRE 1520/5.0, It's hard to believe....

Good luck for everyone, and for me.

I think this time UCB is more interested in taking students who applied for MS/PhD option.

I got an email from UMN today inviting me to its Welcome Weekend. "This recruiting weekend is a great opportunity to get to know our faculty, learn about our courses and research, tour our facilities, and meet current graduate students and your future classmates." They're reimbursing all travel and stay expenses.

So does this mean I've been admitted?????????

I got an email from UMN today inviting me to its Welcome Weekend. "This recruiting weekend is a great opportunity to get to know our faculty, learn about our courses and research, tour our facilities, and meet current graduate students and your future classmates." They're reimbursing all travel and stay expenses.

So does this mean I've been admitted?????????

I think it's safe to say you are going to be admitted, eventually.

Edit: And before the welcome weekend obviously

Edited by Joesh