Bioengineering/Biomedical Engineering Decisions Fall 2011

greener_grass

hello! i'm new here, and i've been hoping for this thread to start up... so i thought i'd create it myself! WashU admitted some internationals yesterday, and i'm glad and relieved to be one of them. Looks like the (bio)engineering decisions and interview invites will really start to flow in the coming weeks... best of luck everyone!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know if Berkeley is going to make phone interviews? What about internationals that cannot attend the interview weekends?

yup, here's what the email said: "We understand that a visit to Berkeley/San Francisco may not be possible due to cost and visa restrictions, as you would be coming from outside the U.S. If you are unable to visit, please let us know so we can arrange for a phone interview."

Historically, GT is one of the dead last to send out anything. From everything I've found on here and from what my friends have told me, don't expect anything before mid-March. My understanding is that the applications are just now being sent to the admissions committee members. I think MIT take a while too, I think their first round of acceptances go out in mid to late Feb.

A friend got an interview invite from U-Michigan BME via email in late December.

So have all the UW interviews been sent out then? I am a US applicant.

Has anyone heard from UC Davis, MIT, GT, Harvard, Minnesota, Michigan, Illinois yet?

How many people got UW rejections recently? Has everyone heard something at this point?

I haven't gotten anything. There was a handful of internationals rejections earlier on, but only one domestic rejection posted earlier today. I don't think they're done reviewing applications yet. I heard the adcom meets every other Thursday, so maybe more news next week...

Hey guys

I had applied for Masters and have got the following admits....

Washington University in St. Louis

University of Connecticut

Clemson University

Imperial College of London

and i have applied to plenty more and waiting for their results....

have no idea of funding as of now from any one of them...

according to UPenn BE's site, they send out invites in "january" and there's only one more day left so i guess we'll all hear back soon....

anyone knows when boston u, cornell, uc davis, stanford send out invites?

According to the UC Davis Website, people who get an admission before Feb 15 get to go to the recruitment weekend, so I expect an acceptance/rejection over the next two weeks. I have not heard back from anyone yet (which makes me really nervous...)

According to the UC Davis Website, people who get an admission before Feb 15 get to go to the recruitment weekend, so I expect an acceptance/rejection over the next two weeks. I have not heard back from anyone yet (which makes me really nervous...)

Davis sent out their acceptance email on Jan 25. Recruitment weekend is March 4-5, so don't get nervous yet...there's still time! :)