Bioengineering/Biomedical Engineering Decisions Fall 2011

greener_grass

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... give me my $125 back! the only place i've heard/been admitted to is vanderbilt (and a rejection from ucb). for people applying to UC davis, I, being the most impatient and anxious person, emailed ms. wintersmith about the invites. she says they only started sending them out/hanve't seen all apps so i guess there's still hope. good luck everyone!

@desperate4cal, haha yea. I just got a bit worried when I saw a few people getting invitations already.

I've only heard from three schools so far, accepted at WashU St. Louis and interviews at Berkeley and University of Rochester. I probably didn't get the UCSD interview though since i haven't heard from them yet.

@alpha_beta_gamma, I heard from a friend at JHU BME that they've been reviewing applications these past two weeks and should be sending out interview invites next week and the week after. The professors there echoing the typical sentiment this year though, they're receiving a lot more applications from people who are really qualified and competitive...

good luck!

@alpha_beta_gamma

got a call from harvard bioe, apparantly they have a good idea of who they want to admit, and seem to be calling people to verify information, but I dont know if any admits have been made. I have been a very hard time trying to return the call though, so I hope I didnt miss some window of opportunity here by having my phone off during a meeting . yikes!

@a_b_r it's the silence before tempest.

@theflash I submitted my app but heard absolutely nothing and they don't even seem to have a decent tracking system..

Anyone knows if UPenn is done accepting? They wouldn't reply to my email and my status says decision still not available..

Synbio: Who is there doing synbio work at Davis?

Yohei Yokobayashi, Michael Savageau, Shota Atsumi (in Chem dept), Ilias Tagkopoulos (in CSE). Yokobayashi and Atsumi are more on the experimentalist side while Savageau and Tagkopoulos are more on the modeling / computer analysis side.