Bioengineering/Biomedical Engineering Decisions Fall 2011

greener_grass

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find that in your signature, you have been accepted by washington univertsity in St. Louis, do you get their admission?

I heard back from JHU at the beginning on the week, they're interview dates are Feb 24-25 or March 10-11. Good luck! Hopefully you'll hear from them soon...

I find that in your signature, you have been accepted by washington univertsity in St. Louis, do you get their admission?

I got their admission information by email and through their application website. I haven't gotten a hard copy in the mail or anything yet, but I already signed up for their visit

Which program did you apply for? PhD or MS?

I got their admission information by email and through their application website. I haven't gotten a hard copy in the mail or anything yet, but I already signed up for their visit

Which program did you apply for? PhD or MS?

PHD

Applied to 10 places

UCSD- rejected

USC accepted

UCLA - reccomended for acceptance 2 days ago

Columbia - interview

Waiting from: Caltech Penn, Brown, Stanford, Northwestern, JHopkins

Question: did anyone applying to columbia BME PhD get 100% \accepted, or did everyone get invited to visiting weekend interviews?

Thanks

UCSD - rejected

Stanford - rejected

Washington University in St. Louis - accepted

Duke - waiting

Berkeley - waiting

Columbia - I was told it was still being reviewed, decisions will be sent out mid-March

Boston University - waiting

If anyone has any additional information, please fill me in.

@theflash7269 I called Carnegie Mellon yesterday. They said that they have started sending out decisions. If you do not have a decision, then they have not yet reviewed your app. I asked if we would hear in the next couple weeks, and they responded, "possibly sooner."

For me, so far...

UPenn - rejected in early Feb

USF - Accepted in early Feb

BU - rejected Mid Feb

Cornell Accepted early March

Carnegie Mellon - Should hear soon

Vanderbilt, UAB, UVA, Purdue, UF - No idea when I will hear...

I have friends that have been accepted to Cornell, Rice, UT Austin, and Miami.

Applied to:

U of MD

Hopkins

Ga Tech

U of Mich

Rutgers

UVA

Purdue

Nat. U of Singapore

CMU

Heard Back from:

Michigan heard from in Dec/Jan and interviewed in Feb, heard from Hopkins in Feb going for interview next week, heard from Rutgers in Feb going for interview on the 18th, and heard from UVA in Feb and will interview on the 25th although that isn't a normally scheduled interview. The rest of the schools I have not heard back from nor have I received a rejection letter from. From what I heard at interviews, Ga Tech has given out some acceptances already. I made a mistake submitting my app with regards to providing proof of citizenship to Ga Tech which has delayed my app, so I think it cost me dearly.

Edited by fibonacci

.... give me my $125 back! the only place i've heard/been admitted to is vanderbilt (and a rejection from ucb). for people applying to UC davis, I, being the most impatient and anxious person, emailed ms. wintersmith about the invites. she says they only started sending them out/hanve't seen all apps so i guess there's still hope. good luck everyone!

So did you hear from UC Davis?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I never realized how vastly underrated Rutgers' BME program is. They are giving Michigan and Hopkins a run for their money since my primary goal is to go into industry. Rutgers is heavily focused on getting research done in the lab into actual products on the market. Holy crap I'm pretty nervous about meeting Dr. Kohn at the interviews tomorrow. He's a HUGE name and heads some of the Pentagon's research on regenerative medicine. Quite the impressive resume.

Anyone got response from Caltech bioengineering? - I emailed Linda last week she said no decision had been made on my app - but I saw one acceptance on the forum -

Thanks a lot....

I met a bunch of people who had interviewed there around the end of February.

Thanks so much for your reply !!! - I saw that interview post on 18 FEB - also I saw some rejections came out this week - did you apply to caltech bioeng? ...thanks a lot..

Nope, I didn't apply there.

Thank you so much for the information - I found so few accept/reject been posted in the past years - actually Linda said she would notify all ppl on March 14 - no idea what happened -