Management and/or Organizational Behavior PhD thread

I got informal acceptance and invite to visit BU and so then had to send email to Temple to find out what my status with them is. Apparently, I was also accepted there informally. Currently, I am waiting on MIT, NYU and Columbia, which by any measure are reach schools for anyone who is not a rockstar. Maybe I will send them an email inquiry as well, as I don't want a program to be out $ that they could potentially be saving to have someone else visit.

Good luck to everyone!

rejected from northwestern on website. expected..

When I was younger Stanford was my dream school. Once I started applying to schools though I realized I didn't have a shot and I would probably enjoy the experience more at other universities (or I've at least convinced myself of that).

haha yes I know what you mean. I knew it was a long shot when I applied. I would be really excited if I got into Carolina. Great program, town, and faculty. I know it probably varies, but do you have any idea about how many people (of the 15 on the short list) will accept other offers? Or maybe in general what the list whittles down to?

On 2/23/2011 at 6:12 PM, yenkamma said:

Has anyone heard from Columbia or Olin?

I'm waiting on Columbia too. Some of the OB doctoral students I work with said that Columbia was the last school they heard from when they were applying.

I'm waiting on Columbia too. Some of the OB doctoral students I work with said that Columbia was the last school they heard from when they were applying.

@Sarah : I did call up Columbia and they said the results will be out only March mid. So we have a long wait.