SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

I tried to get into mine and my little box with the status check doesn't even show up. I'm not thinking that is a good thing. darnit all :(

You don't know that, maybe its updating slowly? Think positive smile.gif I hope we don't have to wait until the next work-week to find out, I'm dying to know!!

Edited by SLP_419

I figured out my problem with my UNC login thanks to a reply on the main boards. Apparently I had to click on the 'apply for admission' on the front page I was getting in order to see my application things. It wasn't taking me directly to that page anymore for some reason. Phew, I'm so glad someone was able to help me out with that, so at least I'm not out of the running yet!!

Also, my status is reading not available as well.

Hi Everyone,

It's so hard waiting for admission notifications! Best of luck to everyone here though! For all those that applied to MGH, did you get an email from Rika Judd asking for more your social security so that they can process FAFSA (since that info is unavailable to them through CSDCAS)?

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

It's so hard waiting for admission notifications! Best of luck to everyone here though! For all those that applied to MGH, did you get an email from Rika Judd asking for more your social security so that they can process FAFSA (since that info is unavailable to them through CSDCAS)?

Thanks!

Yep. I got something similar from Rush, too.

Yep. I got something similar from Rush, too.

Did you speak with her personally? I am probably being paranoid, but I don't want to give out that information over fax or email....I've tried calling but she hasn't answered and I don't feel comfortable leaving my social on voice mail. How did you send out that information?

Did you speak with her personally? I am probably being paranoid, but I don't want to give out that information over fax or email....I've tried calling but she hasn't answered and I don't feel comfortable leaving my social on voice mail. How did you send out that information?

I just went ahead and emailed it.

I called her with mine, but it took me a few days to finally reach her. You can always leave a message asking her to call you back

I just got asked to do a phone interview with Syracuse!! I am so excited! Does anyone how how many applicants they interview each year, on average? Gosh, it feels great to hear some news from a school!!!

Did they call or email you? When is the interview for? Good luck!!

Did they call or email you? When is the interview for? Good luck!!

Thank you so much!! I got an email and I just scheduled my interview for 2/24. I am so nervous.....does any one have any tips on how to prepare?

Good luck everyone!

Thank you so much!! I got an email and I just scheduled my interview for 2/24. I am so nervous.....does any one have any tips on how to prepare?

Good luck everyone!

Woo hoo! Congrats to you! I know my school has a campus career center where you can do mock job/grad school interviews and get some feedback on your answers, etc. Not sure if your school has something similar but if you have time before the interview it's worth a look, just to get some polish. (I know personally I am not the best interviewer so that is how I would prepare!)

Best of luck!

I called her with mine, but it took me a few days to finally reach her. You can always leave a message asking her to call you back

Did you call the number listed on the email? I am sooooo paranoid so I actually called the number listed for her on the website and not the one listed on the website. I have left her several voice mails and an email asking when would be the best time to contact her but I haven't heard back yet....I am starting to get anxious.

Did you just continue to call until you got a hold of her and which number did you call?

Thanks!

Good luck everyone!

I think as long as you can answer:

1. Why their program

2. Why SLP

3. Why you

you're good! I know they're general questions but it gives you a lot of room to fit in whatever qualities, experience, etc. you think sets you apart from other applicants. Good luck!!!!

Anyone apply to/hear back from University of Washington - Seattle? I'm particularly anxious to hear back from them.

I think as long as you can answer:

1. Why their program

2. Why SLP

3. Why you

you're good! I know they're general questions but it gives you a lot of room to fit in whatever qualities, experience, etc. you think sets you apart from other applicants. Good luck!!!!

Anyone apply to/hear back from University of Washington - Seattle? I'm particularly anxious to hear back from them.

I'm waiting to UW too, but I'm a student there currently (undergrad) and apparently 400 people applied this year, which is completely unprecedented. Yeouch.

Just wondering if the 'UofM' you're talking about is University of Memphis?? I've applied, and I am impatiently waiting to hear back. I'm from Memphis, so it's definitely a top choice for me. If that is the school you're talking about, when did you hear?? Any info on your scores? I don't think I am a very strong candidate, but we shall see! Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Bad news here, too. Bummer.

It wasn't my top choice, but it is pretty depressing that the first response was a rejection.

I'm waiting to UW too, but I'm a student there currently (undergrad) and apparently 400 people applied this year, which is completely unprecedented. Yeouch.

yikes! well best of luck! how do you like living in Seattle? did you apply for the core or med-slp program?

Did you call the number listed on the email? I am sooooo paranoid so I actually called the number listed for her on the website and not the one listed on the website. I have left her several voice mails and an email asking when would be the best time to contact her but I haven't heard back yet....I am starting to get anxious.

Did you just continue to call until you got a hold of her and which number did you call?

Thanks!

I just called the number at the bottom of the email (in her signature) and asked for Rita. It took me a few times but I finally reached her directly. I think I called her closer to the end of the work day, about 330pm. Good luck reaching her!

Has anyone heard anything from BU about SSN or applications?? They are CSDCAS also, but I haven't heard ANYTHING!

Just wondering if the 'UofM' you're talking about is University of Memphis?? I've applied, and I am impatiently waiting to hear back. I'm from Memphis, so it's definitely a top choice for me. If that is the school you're talking about, when did you hear?? Any info on your scores? I don't think I am a very strong candidate, but we shall see! Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Nope, sorry. University of Minnesota.

I just called the number at the bottom of the email (in her signature) and asked for Rita. It took me a few times but I finally reached her directly. I think I called her closer to the end of the work day, about 330pm. Good luck reaching her!

Has anyone heard anything from BU about SSN or applications?? They are CSDCAS also, but I haven't heard ANYTHING!

Nothing from BU.

Nothing from BU.

Nothing from BU as well. Emerson didn't ask for my social either and they also use CSDCAS.

Good luck to everyone applying to UW this year. I completed my undergrad from UW last spring and I hear the competition is intense this year. But, the faculty members are amazing and UW's campus is beautiful!

Just out of curiosity -- have people on here been checking their statuses on the school websites, or have you been mainly relying on postal mail/email/gradcafe for your updates? I really haven't been checking on the actual school websites, so I'd be interested to know what others have been doing!

I check my email far too much for my own good (but that's just me being me, not due to grad schools) and I have started checking my mailbox every day (usually I go 2+ weeks since I hardly get mail anyway). I check Gradcafe usually once or twice daily. I have been looking at the UNC website since someone got their decision back. :unsure: