Official HKS Thread

My friend told me that the emails are coming out next week. She said that her friend told her. Don't know if it's true since I heard it down the grape vine so to speak.

Unless they send out emails in the next hour or so, looks like it won't be this week. Bummer.

I saw that at least one person got an MPP admit today. If you're reading, did they update your status in SPARKS?

High probability that it is fake (same with the claimed Harris MPP admit). It is early for both programs, and when admits come they usually show up on this board in bunches, not in isolation.

anyone know what the chances are of finding out this week? i remember someone posted that we should hear this week...although I have a feeling they'll keep with tradition and won't let us know until mid March

I've checked my account on sparks, it's exactly the same. Nothing has changed.

Out of curiosity, did anyone here apply for the Dubin or other fellowships? I'm curious when interviews might happen, not that I have a great shot at one. :-P

I also applied for the Dubin fellowship, as well as 3 others. Thought it was worth giving them a go. I don't remember seeing any information on timing for interviews of funding decisions.

anyone know what the chances are of finding out this week? i remember someone posted that we should hear this week...although I have a feeling they'll keep with tradition and won't let us know until mid March

Nothing on SPARKS for me, either.

From a quick scan over the decisions from last year, looks like the majority for the MPP went out on 18 March.

Not wanting to read two much into yearly comparisons, but Public Policy PhD decisions were on 3/4 March both this year and last year, so I imagine we can expect similar timing to last year in other course decisions.

Edited by Quixotic Man

I don't remember seeing any interview times either, but I guess funding decisions are out sometime mid-April, so if interviews are to happen they must be in late March or early April...

Do you think admission results will be out this week?

quote name='Quixotic Man' timestamp='1299512273' post='214719']I also applied for the Dubin fellowship, as well as 3 others. Thought it was worth giving them a go. I don't remember seeing any information on timing for interviews of funding decisions.

Eh - my guess is they are going to be coming out sometime at the end of next week. The 18th or so.

Does a MPP from Kennedy have any value for a person wanting to seek elective office in a Southern (democratic part) state?

Not with the voters, it won't. But their institutes, classes, etc. might give you the policy knowledge to talk all yankee-smart-like.

Does a MPP from Kennedy have any value for a person wanting to seek elective office in a Southern (democratic part) state?

the question is are they telling the truth? i can't imagine them taking that long when historically decisions have always come out in mid march. i think it's fair to assume that we still won't hear anything until the week of the 14th earliest

Thanks for letting us know!

They just don't want to be on the record for anything else. I called 2 weeks ago and the guy said "BY March 31" but he very hesitant or well trained not to say that decisions could be coming out any earlier.

called admissions ,yes i know, i'm a little overeager, and they're sticking to decisions will be sent out on March 31st