EE admissions Fall 2011

stefano

Hey guys,

I saw many EE admissions decisions are already sent out by many different schools, in particular a lot from Columbia and Stanford. Can anyone that has already recived informal admission post his stats? It would be veeeery kind, expecially about about Stanford decisions, I applied there too!

Stefano

-----

My apps: Stanford, Berkeley, UT Austin, UIUC, UMICH, Harvard

None replyed. INTERNATIONAL

GRE: M 750, V 480, 3 TOEFL 106

Good LOR, no papers, some research experiance

We should start hearing back sometime from Feb. 10th till March 1st. Vaguely the admittance dates (from last year) for EE are : MIT (Frb 10), Stanford(Feb 20), Yale (Feb 20),, harvard (march 1-10), catech (march 1-10) , Princeton (Feb 25).

Looks like Berkeley may be doing things differently than they have for the past several years.

Just saw one post on gradcafe recent results page from a F11 Berkeley EECS admit with stipend in VLSI / embedded systems...... also one from someone who was interviewed for EECS in Jan 23rd...... it is not clear what is going on with Berkeley this year.....

Yes, I was the one who posted the interview. I've emailed back and forth with the prof. a bit, but he's been really slow to respond (~4-5 days). He did tell me that I'd be hearing back soon, whatever that means.

Also, someone posted an MIT EECS admit on the results page claiming a "$50,000/year stipend and $25,000 Chris Tallman Fellowship"...based on past reports, this is early for MIT, not to mention the stipend is crazy.

Just saw one post on gradcafe recent results page from a F11 Berkeley EECS admit with stipend in VLSI / embedded systems...... also one from someone who was interviewed for EECS in Jan 23rd...... it is not clear what is going on with Berkeley this year.....

@drunk

It was maybe 20-25 mins? I talked about projects I'd worked on, etc, then started to get into more technical stuff. It ended kinda early I thought, which is why I am skeptical. I wasn't given a specific date of when I'd hear back, just that it would be "soon".