EE admissions Fall 2011

stefano

Seems that all decisions were sent out in snail mail last year, according to the results posted. Well, I can't really understand that, why not notify via email first? It's pretty risky to send such important docs by surface mail, easily get lost especially international ones.

Why would they snail mail rejections? Also people haven't heard much, have they?

If you go to http://openhouse.seas.harvard.edu/ it seems that there are no events for the EE Department. I can only see events for the Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, and Environmental Sciences and Engineering Departments.

My point is that there might still be hope!!!

HArvard SEAS open house is on March 4th according to the following site.

http://www.seas.harv...open-house/view

Something looks fishy ... cause it is already March 1st today :-(

Sure, hope is all we got.

However, the website also mentions "More to come" ... they might add the other SEAS branches ... in the next few days ... before the 4th of March.

Also, Harvard SEAS does include EE (electrical eng.), they will have to include it.

Need to monitor that website. :)

Area Specific Activities

Exactly,

Also if you see the results sections then you will notice that results for the Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Computer Science, etc have been posted during mid February. That includes both admissions and rejections. However, I cannot see neither admissions nor rejections for EE except from one admission for Fall 2011. So I am pretty sure that nothing has been finalized yet. At least I hope so.

Therefore, monitoring that website is our best bet right now.

Hope that everything will turn out okay for everyone!

Sure, hope is all we got.

However, the website also mentions "More to come" ... they might add the other SEAS branches ... in the next few days ... before the 4th of March.

Also, Harvard SEAS does include EE (electrical eng.), they will have to include it.

Need to monitor that website. :)

Area Specific Activities

The site has been updated....and it now includes EE.....this doesn't look good....no i lost hope

Exactly,

Also if you see the results sections then you will notice that results for the Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Computer Science, etc have been posted during mid February. That includes both admissions and rejections. However, I cannot see neither admissions nor rejections for EE except from one admission for Fall 2011. So I am pretty sure that nothing has been finalized yet. At least I hope so.

Therefore, monitoring that website is our best bet right now.

Hope that everything will turn out okay for everyone!

So, the next time an applicant calls any admissions office, it might be better to do the following :

1) Do not ask about your admissions decision directly ... cause you will probably not get the right answer ... maybe a vague answer ... such as decisions are still being made ... etc...

2) Instead, ask them about the Open Day and when it has been scheduled ... they will tell you the date (hopefully) ... and from this information you can indirectly infer whether or not you will receive an admit or reject :)

(if the open house date is very close to the date you called ... and you have not received any notification from the office till then ... then you will probably get rejected)

(if the open house date is a few weeks from the date you called .. you might have chance)

Just a thought ... :)

Edited by lovely

I actually did call them and I said I am calling to check the status of my application. They said that they cannot tell me that over the phone but they can tell me that all decisions will be mailed by March 15th. Then I said okay given that the open house is on Friday march 4th, does this imply that the decision is probably going to be a rejection? And she said that "I wouldn't assume that!. We are sending both admissions and rejections. Of course the question "why do you even have an open house if some of your potential students don't even know that they have been accepted" popped in my mind but who knows what do these people think.

Anyway, I will wait.

So, the next time an applicant calls any admissions office, it might be better to do the following :

1) Do not ask about your admissions decision directly ... cause you will probably not get the right answer ... maybe a vague answer ... such as decisions are still being made ... etc...

2) Instead, ask them about the Open Day and when it has been scheduled ... they will tell you the date (hopefully) ... and from this information you can indirectly infer whether or not you will receive an admit or reject :)

(if the open house date is very close to the date you called ... and you have not received any notification from the office till then ... then you will probably get rejected)

(if the open house date is a few weeks from the date you called .. you might have chance)

Just a thought ... :)

Oh, I forgot to mention that my hypothesis has a chance of working for PhD candidates ... :)

It might fail for Master's students ... usually master's students do not get invited for open day visits (i think)

( i think some people apply for PhD, but get an offer for Master's ... and usually such decisions are sent out after the open day is over)

i do not mean to discourage you ... maybe a miracle happens here ... let us see ...

Does anyone have financial aids information from UT - Austin?

I got the admission about 2 weeks ago but nothing about funding so far.

I got a UT admit about two weeks back too, and I wrote to them just yesterday asking about the funding status. They sent me their financial aid offer last night.

I got a UT admit about two weeks back too, and I wrote to them just yesterday asking about the funding status. They sent me their financial aid offer last night.

I saw you've got pretty good acceptances, Congrats! Do you mind sharing your profile,like GPA, GRE or if you had publications?

Does anyone have financial aids information from UT - Austin?

I got the admission about 2 weeks ago but nothing about funding so far.

SAME HERE.. i also got an admit from UT Autin ECE (Energy Systems) on 15th Feb 2011, but nothing about funding so far...